Need some Insanity the asylum advice!!

Options
Ok I am an insanity graduate. I completed the program in may. Since then I've done a couple triathlons and I do insanity workouts here and there but not regularly. I'm not in as good of shape as I was then because I had to take 2 months off of working out due to sickness. I have been working on getting back into shape. I do month one insanity workouts a few times a week and I run and do other interval training the other days. I no longer have access to my insanity DVDs so my husband ordered me the asylum so I would have something new. After watching the DVD I got a little nervous because it seems extremely difficult! My question is: how difficult is this workout in comparison to insanity. What kind of training do you suggest I do before starting? Do they have any modifications or is it pointless to even start If you aren't ready? If I can't even do one pull up am I doomed? Any help would be appreciated!!

Replies

• ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    just go for it..if you have compelted insanity you can handle asylum. Shaun offers alternatives to pull-ups (like push-ups) so just do you best and adjust as you need too
  • gar001
    gar001 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have not done insanity but I am now 7 days into the asylum workout. The first 4 days of it, it completely kicked my butt and I have not worked out in about 4 months or so on a regular basis. I'm sticking to it and now I can walk up and down my stairs without hobbling. It's going to be difficult but it is already getting easier for me now that I'm on the second week! Good luck!