best kind of shoes?

Options
right now I have new balance shoes they seem ok or I wear pair of Nike

but I would like to get good shoe for working out I noticed my feet burn while on my elpitcal not sure if that is my shoes or not

Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    right now I have new balance shoes they seem ok or I wear pair of Nike

but I would like to get good shoe for working out I noticed my feet burn while on my elpitcal not sure if that is my shoes or not
  • KylieE
    KylieE Posts: 40
    Options
    That might be an irritation from the pressure you're putting on your feet. I had that happen to me a few times when I'd go walking. I'm not positive what causes it, but they do have inserts for tennies, which could be helpful! That extra padding would make a difference and not break the bank. :smile: hope that helps
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    my feet burn on the eliptical, treadmill and my gazelle. I think it just takes time for your feet to get used to the workout? I am not sure what causes it either.....I am hoping that mine will go away soon, if it would I would be able to go alot longer than I am now.....let me know if you find out the cause....

:flowerforyou:
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    Your feet get used to it. I have a pair of DC skateboard shoes in pink and blue... my son thinks mom should not be so trendy but there good for the gazzle there flat for skateboarding seems to cut down on the pain.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Your feet get used to it. I have a pair of DC skateboard shoes in pink and blue... my son thinks mom should not be so trendy but there good for the gazzle there flat for skateboarding seems to cut down on the pain.

I agree! The only pair of shoes that I have that work for me on the elliptical is a pair of Vans...maybe it has to do with the flat bottoms and even pressure from your feet. I tried walking shoes and my toes would just go numb.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing Asics Gels for many years...great shoes.
  • mmalanick
    mmalanick Posts: 14
    Options
    I wear Nike Shox..I love them. They are great for running...!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I second the vote for asics gels! love mine!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Try some of the fitness type socks - like running socks - they are thinner and are supposed to stay put better than others.

I bought a pair of Nike Zoom - they are real light weight and I absolutely love them. The traction is made for gym type workouts too and they aren't all that expensive for Nike....all of the Zooms are lighter weight.
    http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3178038

Asic gels hurt my heel spur - these don't.

Mizunos are heavier and helped caused my daughter's shin splint.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I run off road and all that stuff. I have some Mizunos - love them! I also have non-cotton running socks, and they are awesome.

Good shoes make all the difference.

Go to a running store and have them outfit you with appropriate shoes - each person is different, and what works for one may not work for another.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I run off road and all that stuff. I have some Mizunos - love them! I also have non-cotton running socks, and they are awesome.

Good shoes make all the difference.

Go to a running store and have them outfit you with appropriate shoes - each person is different, and what works for one may not work for another.

I :heart: my Mizunos!!! :love:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am another big Mizuno fan!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing Asics Gels for many years...great shoes.

OMG, I love Asics. I bought some for my 10 year old son and even he noticed a difference. It is the only shoe I will buy now!!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    weight training I use the classic adidas Surerstar.

For running Adidas microbounce.

I spend long hours on my feet at work and as soon as my feet start to hurt in the gym it's time for new shoes.
    hope your feet feel better
  • ErinD
    ErinD Posts: 14
    Options
    Is there a running store near you where you can go and get properly fitted for shoes? I like my Nike's personally. Every 6-9 months I am at the running room and I get properly fitted for a new pair. I have pretty much worn everything, unfortunately every time you turn around they are changing the shoe styles. Do the Vans (skater shoes) give you enough support?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I agree with ErinD. With incorrect shoes, in time you will begin to experience orthopedic problems. I wear Brooks Adrenalines because they're a support shoe for my non-existent arch. You need a shoe that will fit your arch type and correct and gait problems you might have.