do you reccommend a rest day

Options
2»

Replies

• rayleansout
    Options
    Absolutely but take them only if needed. In the past I used this formula for every 4 hours of workouts completed - take one rest day. On that rest day eat your exact calorie count or within 100 under it and Lower carbohydrates on that day to about half normal daily intake.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    A rest day is supposed to let your body heal from stresses and even illness.. it is advisable to take at least one rest day a week and to give your body 48 hours before working the same thing again to allow the muscles in that group to heal..
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    take some rest days.
    you probably haven't loss because your muscles are swelling with water and carbohydrates in an attempt to recover.
    its normal. i'm surprised you haven't gained a little.

take a break. eat lots of healthy food. drink even more water. and in 2 days you'll likely see a loss again, and feel a lot better too!
  • DannyNovela
    DannyNovela Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    one thing i found is getting out of your exercise routine for a day or two almost feels like a day off. i workout at the gym 5 days a week and on weekends i go for a long hike or a very long bike ride and sometimes i do both. due to it not being in the gym it almost does not feel like exercise or working out even though i burn more calories the longer i go.

another thing i did when i felt my knees were going to rip apart, was that i still kept on exercising but i focused on muscle groups that did not require any knee or quad movements. i did push ups and sit ups and bench presses. didnt break much of a sweat but i let my knees rest and i still got a bit of a workout done.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I run anywhere from 2.5 to 5 miles a day... and I have only had 4 rest days since Thanksgiving... listen to your body and rest when needed...

L