Zumba!

Options
Hi all

I'm starting my first Zumba class tonight and am super excited! I was wondering if anyone here had tried Zumba and how they found it? I got Zumba on the wii for christmas which I've played with loads but they only do 20 minute workouts on there whereas tonights class is a full hour! I'm really aiming to tone up my tummy and bum and I've heard Zumba is great for this :smile:

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba class! I go every Wednesday and I have a great instructor. At the beginning, it took me a while to get used to exercising for an entire hour, but the instructor gives you short water breaks every few songs. I find it so much fun that it doesn't feel like an hour.

If it's something you'll be doing longterm, I invested in some "dance fitness" shoes. Ryka by Kelly Ripa shoes that have helped a LOT in Zumba. It makes the footwork easier.
  • emilyrosedye
    Options
    Hey I had an absolutely fantastic time! So much so that I'm going again tomorrow! Its great that it was a real mix of women there too, I was worried that I would get there and it would all be hard core zumba pros! It took a bot of getting used to, especially the steps where there was a lot of foot action!
    Thanks for the tips on footwear, I'll definitely look in to that :-D