Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Well, my suggestion IS eggs... But I usually throw in a slice of low fat cheese and lean ham to change it up. I'm not sure how low carb you're trying to go, but I'll often do an egg and cheese bagel thin - it's 24 carbs. Or you could make mini crustless quiche's...
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    what everybody else has said... :laugh:
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to just get all kinds of creative with the eggs. Top your cheese omelet off with sour cream and salsa, mix in different flavors of Mrs. Dash, scramble them with tuna or salmon... that's what keeps me from getting sick of them :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    you guys and gals are amazing! Those are all great ideas!

If you don't mind me asking another question:

what do you put in protein smoothies? I like to make a banana strawberry smoothie at home, but very high in carbs.

switch out the banana for some other berries like raspberries or blueberries. Much lower in sugar so lower in carbs. You could even throw some frozen spinach in it and never know - color might be off though.

Pureed pumkin with almond milk, flax seed, protien, nutmeg, cinnamon, stevia, and a splash of vanilla. Tastes like pumpkin custard and is really low carb!
  • darpar62
    Options
    I make smoothies with coconut milk. ( use Thia Kitchen, it's the best, it comes in a can) add the fruit with the least carbs, blueberries and strawberries. Use stevia to sweeten. Very good put a few chia seeds in it and it keeps you full for hours.
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Danni_n_Ruby
    Options
    Protein shake with peanut butter?? Sounds interesting...how do you make it?
  • kellyc3
    kellyc3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Bump