best exersize for ONLY STOMACH

i have been starting to do crunches ( been walking and doing moterate work outs all along) but i am trying to lose the big belly ..... any sugestions on what to do ?, how many reps etc , that i can do in my house with no equipment ...

thanks everyone in advance :)

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Sadly you can't spot reduce fat. So crunches is actually one of the worst exercises to do to lose body fat. Crunches isolates just your abs, a small muscle group, there fore small calorie burn. If you want to drop that belly fat, you will need to reduce calorie intake and work big/multiple muscle groups.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    I have also unfortunately read that the above is true. Our bodies are shaped a certain way and as we shrink I think we kind of shrink to a smaller version of that shape. So if your apple shaped at a certain weight, even getting down to goal is basically going to keep your shape intact.
  • Congratulations on the crunches routine. Unfortunately, doing crunches alone will not lose belly fat. Just because you are working the muscle group in the targeted fat-loss area (spot exercise) does not mean that is the area that will lose the fat. You need a total cardio/strength/etc. training and calorie deficit to lose fat. Once the fat diminishes, you will, no doubt, have fabulous abs!
    Good luck!

edit: I'm too slow of a typist--others beat me to it!
  • Just do 20 mins of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred per day. Everything will come off beautifully. I used her a few months ago and it was the best move I ever made. Now, onto Insanity!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Losing belly fat is about 80% food and 20% exercise. Abs are made in the kitchen!
  • thanks everyone , i take in about 1100 calories a day , and speed walk for 2 hours at least 4-6 times a week my job also requires alot of cleaning and on the go all day .... i have not lost weight( on a scale) but went down in pant size... so i am not seeing resaults and have this belly lol ............

so if i keep it up(walking and eating good and less calories) weight will come off???? and there is not a huge point in me killin myself doing the crunches??????