Just say NO

Options
I think I'm having withdrawls from Pepsi lol, Im hugely addicted to caffeine so I cant completely cut out soda yet but I switched to Diet Dew for now. It just doesnt satisfy that craving, any ideas?!

Replies

• chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think I'm having withdrawls from Pepsi lol, Im hugely addicted to caffeine so I cant completely cut out soda yet but I switched to Diet Dew for now. It just doesnt satisfy that craving, any ideas?!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    iced Tea? Iced coffee....(i'm kind of a freak, but when I'm needing caffeine I really like black iced coffee with a little splenda)
  • chunkabutt25
    Options
    ugh thats the worst part, i dislike tea and they only way i can drink coffee is with tons of creamer! im such a picky eater and drinker, thats why dieting has always been a problem for me!
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    how about black coffee with your own fat free creamer from the grocery store? My creamer has 15 cals per tbsp :flowerforyou:
  • chunkabutt25
    Options
    hey that could be a good option, i guess i didnt even realize that u cud get low cal creamers. That would help while i was at home, but what about when im at work and dont have that option?
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but all soda even diet has been proven to increase your risk for heart disease...if you google it there are tons of articles and medical reports about it. :(

I have a family member who is a doctor and is addicted to diet pepsi and actually recently gave it up b/c of all of the heath risks surrounding diet and regular soda.

I recommend mixing seltzer with fresh (natural) juices, this gives you the effect of soda but with out the chemicals. If you cannot afford the calories then I would suggest going cold turkey. For the caffine, try mixing coffee with skim milk and agave nectar(found at health food stores) 1 tbs has 60 calories and is just as sweet as sugar, but is all natural, organic and has no preservatives!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    What about putting some lime or lemon in your diet coke??

That was the way I started drinking it and then I got hooked. :wink:
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    I bring my creamer to work and add it to my black coffee from the cafe. :happy:
  • chunkabutt25
    Options
    Im also worried about sodium as i starting retaining water over a year ago, the weird thing is, it started when i began drinking diet soda, i think i will have to cut it completely :sad:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Diet Cherry/Vanilla Dr. Pepper & Lipton Diet Green Tea Yum! I've gotten to where the Green Tea is almost as satisfying as my regular pepsi. I used to be a regular Pepsi addict.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

It might not be the caffeine as much as the sugar! Diet drinks wont satisfy the sweet tooth because the sweet is not natural and the body doesn't recognize it therefore it craves more sugar. Besides, diet soda is worse for you than regular, long story but do some reading.

For each 12oz of pepsi you consume you are taking in about 7 teaspoons of sugar. Your choice is actually simple. You can wean yourself from this or you can go cold turkey.

To wean yourself you will need to be honest about how much soda you consume in a day and allow yourself to have soda only each day or each week you have to cut your allowance down until you are at no more than one per day (or even better none). You can switch to coffee or tea drinks and do the same but it may be the carbonated beverage that you prefer.

Going cold turkey, just warn your friends and family to not take anything you say personal for about a week to 10 days, you will be grumpy, you may get headaches but it is the quickest way to kick a habit.

Anyway, I know old habits die hard but you can make changes so good luck with this one, you aren't the first or the last to ever decide to try to kick the soda habit :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • prerana
    prerana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I used to be big on Coke. I absolutely had to have a Coke everyday. What I did was try to cut down slowly. I set goals for myself in a way that I could still have some, but not as often. Instead of 1/day, i went to no more than 3/week. Right now, I have limited myself to 1/week, but if i have more, I don't beat myself up over it. I just try to keep it to no more than 4/week and the next week, I try not to have any at all. Its hard, but logging when I had a soft drink really helps.

I never completely try to cut it out of my diet because its nice to treat yourself every once in a while.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I like the flavored diet sodas (like wild cherry or vanilla pepsi or chocolate dr. pepper) better than plain colas.

Also - even if you use fat free creamer, watch how much you use because 1 TBSP is not a lot, and you could easily be adding many calories without even realizing it!

I really like the vanilla sugar free syrup in my coffee for flavor, then I'll add just enough 2% milk to lighten it up a bit. There are a zillion flavors of sugar free syrup that you can buy anywhere from online to your local walmart store.

Check the DaVinci website - with all the choices there's GOT to be at least one you'll like! :smile: