Newbie - looking for support

Options
Hi, my name is Natalie, I am semi new to this site. I am looking for friends and support on this weight loss journey. I have had an emotional 2011 and am looking forward to a bright 2012. I have a 10 month old son and have lost 36lbs since giving birth. I know I have a long way to go. My short term goal weight is 160, but I would love to be 135. Looking for new friends to share support with.

Replies

• holly1007
    holly1007 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am fairly new as well, just joined last week.
    Good Luck on your journey

Holly
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi Natalie! You're doing fabulous losing 36 lbs. so far on your journey. Congratulations. I'm hoping for good success for myself too.

I'm a first time poster and just opened my account today. A friend from Texas told me about the app so I joined. I'm also looking for friends to add. Please add me if you're looking for a friend.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sorry....my name is Tina.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 188 (but I know I was close to 200 at my highest) and am now 159 and 135 is my current goal, but I think I will ultimately want to see 125. Time will tell. Feel free to add me!
  • jsid12
    jsid12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can anyone explain to me if eating under your suggested calorie intake is good or bad? Sorry im new at this. John
  • VickieR1986
    Options
    Eating under your recommended calories on a consistent basis can be bad. If you starve your body it wil go into "starvation mode" and want to hang on to whatever calories you take in. I can also slow down your metabolism. Your body needs fuel even while losing weight.:smile:
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello Natalie. My name is Lisa and I just wanted to say congrats on your weight loss so far. My son is 15 months now so I know what you are going through. If you need some added motivation and support, feel free to add me.:smile:
  • d2rowell
    Options
    Hi Natalie,
    My name's Dave. I used this site in the past with a lot of success, but have been neglecting it over the past few months. I am now back on, and would gladly give you support. I could use some myself!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Natalie, I am Amy. Feel free to add me for more support and motivation!!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Can anyone explain to me if eating under your suggested calorie intake is good or bad? Sorry im new at this. John

are you eating under because of exercise?? There are days without exercise that I am under cals, but not by more than 150 or so
  • jsid12
    jsid12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks vickie. Just seems logical that if im under but feel full that ok... Its confusing
  • Brynnifer
    Options
    I just joined today and haven't done my profile yet. But you can add me, I know I will need it as well! haha.
  • Nattie105
    Options
    Thanks Tina! Good luck :)
  • Nattie105
    Options
    Thanks Dave, I know that the weight loss is possible...I just hope I can stay motivated to keep going to the gym at least 4 times a week.
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    Hi Nattie!!! Welcome! I joined two weeks ago and I must say I am a bit addicted to ensuring that I am logging my foods and exercise. It also keeps me aware of what I should and should not be eating. Good luck to you on this fabulous journey! I am more than happy to be a supporter. add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • sarshooter
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I started my journey last year and dropped 28 pounds. Got off track around the holidays and have put about 10 back on so I'm back to get things rolling again. I too am looking to others for support and motivation when I seem to be struggling. I tend to get frustrated because I can't just drop the weight like I used to when I was in my 20's. I also have had to learn to be happy and stay motivated with the small things...like losing 1 pound this week...holding a plank for 60 seconds instead of just barely 30...those types of things are major milestones for me so I'm rejoicing that I have been able to accomplish so much.

Stay strong and "whoop whoop" to your already HUGE success!!
  • bfbuckley
    Options
    Hello! I can understand where you're coming from because the end of 2011 was pretty challenging to me and my family. I was doing very well with my weight loss until we hit a bump in the road. I'm pretty active with exercising, but i had a minor set back and you know how things get if you stop even for 2 weeks.
    So this is my first week working out for a full week, and I know it will be hard. I'm looking for encouragement as well and it looks like this site has a lot of it. So I'm excited about that.
    I would love to be your fitness pal!
  • lilangie
    Options
    Hiya natalie I think your doing great I'm newbie to this site and need support to get me through this weight loss for my friends wedding in August my name is Angela add me :)
  • mandimasango
    Options
    hey guys am a newbie too and would love some support. :) add me
  • Nattie105
    Options
    @TwtyMami35 - thank you! I hope I can keep logging. I downloaded the app to my phone. Hopefully it will help! :)