Easy Dinner Recipes

jdb2144
jdb2144 Posts: 1 Member
I just got started on MFP and so far, I'm loving it! During the day, I can figure out what to eat but dinner is a problem. I'm not much of a chef so I'm not too sure what to make that will be healthy. My boyfriend and I are doing this together so we are looking for recipes that are relatively easy and inexpensive. We were thinking grilled chicken recipes and slow cooker. Any others are very appreciated!

Replies

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 257 Member
    My biggest go to dinner meal is Salmon, Talapia or Flounder. I buy the bags of them at Sam's Club. They are each individually wrapped. When I get home from work, I thaw one out in some cool water. Throw the fish in the oven for 10-15 min with some spices that I like. Usually have a salad, steamed edimame or veggies for a side. Super easy! And fish is such great protein without a lot of fat.
  • At work now, gym for 2 hrs right after but when I get home... I WILL KILL IT and have a pot roast and grilled vegetables!!! I love roasted carrots, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and pees… but no PATATOES!!!

I’m big on beef and there’s nothing wrong with that!!!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Sounds like crockpot - throw it all in and leave it - will be a great option for you. I like roast, salsa chicken and chicken taco meat in my crockpot. :smile:

Roast: boneless roast (rump, arm, etc.), 4 small red potatos, bunch of carrots, packet of dried ranch, packet of dried Italian seasoning and a packet of dried brown gravy. Put the roast and potatos in crockpot and put all the seasoning over it. Let it cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 and then add the carrots (they don't need as long to cook) cook an additional 1-3 hours. When it's done the roast should shredd easily. Very yummy meal!

Salsa chicken: boneless/skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup of frozen corn, 1 can of drained black beans, 1tbsp of taco seasoning, 1/2 car of salsa. Put all in crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 then add some cheese. Some people like cream cheese, but I'm not a fan so I add 4oz of velvetta (white queso kind). Let the cheese melt for about 30 minutes then it's done. Chicken can be shredded and this can be used over rice, noodles, chips, tortillas, etc.

Chicken taco meat: boneless/skinless chicken breasts, few tablespoons of taco seasoning, some salsa. Cook on low or high and will be done when you can shred the chicken. Is great for on top of salads or in tortillas.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Since no one has done it yet, I 'll give the obligatory response.

Check out skinnytaste.com! Sooooooo many amazing healthy recipes there. I lost 20 pounds using her recipes almost exclusively. I'm a good cook, but I had to re-train myself to make things more lean.