P90X Question

Options
I'm starting the p90x program tonight and am really excited about it! I am ready for the challenge and think that this may be the push I need to jumpstart my weight loss again (7 months in I've hit a bit of a plateau) and generally tone up. Here's the thing: accoding to my fit test results I should be eating in the level 3 of the plan. And that is a LOT of food. like, at least 2 times the amount I eat currently. I'm familiar with the whole "you gotta eat lots to burn lots effectively" thing but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out a bit about. Any advice from those that have completed the program? Is the food program really necessary? I still have a lot of weight to lose so I just don't want to shoot my efforts in the proverbial foot you know?

ps: pre-program I am on a 1300-1400 calorie a day diet and I do not eat back exercise cals. To date I've lost 46lbs through combination diet and exercise. I've compelted other programs (specifically JM 30DS) before and had good success with it on the aforementioned 1400 cals diet but they were not nearly as intense as p90x claims to be. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You may not want to double your intake, but you DO need to increase your calories. You can not build muscle on a cut, and P90X is more strength training than cardio. You're going to need to up your intake to build your muscle mass. And... it's one heck of a workout and you're going to need your strength!