My mom and some friends DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

Arynamber
Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
edited October 7 in Motivation and Support
Growing up my mom ALWAYS called me "chunky"...
now when I finally lose some of the weight she excuses me of not eating and says I look "gaunt". I dont feel that I look to thin AT ALL.. I am def. NOT underweigh! And with some of my friends its the same sort of thing.. commenting on my weight loss.. but not in a good way. One said the could see veins..umm what?!?!

Im been eating pretty crappy since Thanksgiving. (which i JUST got back to eating good) but before Thanksgiving I was eating the BEST I have ever eatem, I was not feeling uncomfortable in my own skin, I had more energy.. so why all the hate? grrr

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Jealously.. You're doing something their not.. and instead of trying to fix it and make their life better, they are choosing to make yours miserable.

I'd tell them Thanks, but I'm perfectly healthy. If you would like me to help you too I can, but if not, then please don't say anything at all.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Growing up my mom ALWAYS called me "chunky"...
    now when I finally lose some of the weight she excuses me of not eating and says I look "gaunt". I dont feel that I look to thin AT ALL.. I am def. NOT underweigh! And with some of my friends its the same sort of thing.. commenting on my weight loss.. but not in a good way. One said the could see veins..umm what?!?!

Im been eating pretty crappy since Thanksgiving. (which i JUST got back to eating good) but before Thanksgiving I was eating the BEST I have ever eatem, I was not feeling uncomfortable in my own skin, I had more energy.. so why all the hate? grrr

Honestly, I would tell them it's creepy the way they're obsessed with your body...don't they have their own bodies to worry about?
  • Same boat. Now everyone is worried I have an eating disorder because I'm not eating the MOUNDS of food that I used too -_- ehats even worse is when I do eat "more" than usual all of a sudden I eat a lot. What??
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Same boat too...until I finally told my Mum directly that my Doctor was VERY VERY pleased with me and if she wanted to make anymore comments I'd give her his phone number! I told her directly that I was sick and tried of 'fat' people (my sister) commenting about me yet I am polite and don't comment on them!! The message seems to have gotten out!!

Painful but true....just tell them!!

Further more....I'm abit sick of people on here (ie 'friends') telling me I'm not eating enough when clearly I'm eating very healthily and they are the ones still crying about not being 'able' to loose weight!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    You can't let them get to you. Just do your thing and be happy. They will get used to it, or not. It's really their issue, not yours.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    They are definitely jealous!! I had some one ask me the other night if I was starving myself again!! I've never starved myself, I don't know why people just can't be happy that we are getting healthy and happy!!
This discussion has been closed.