Hot Yoga

Options
I'm starting a Hot Yoga class this week with my buddy, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience to share, or helpful tips and suggestions. I'm still quite a bit on the bigger side so it will probably be very difficult for me, but I'm ready for a challenge.

Replies

• Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water all day leading up to class, and during. Tell the teacher its your first time and then allow yourself to lie down or go into childs pose as much as you need to. Its normal to feel dizzy and weird the first time so dont be alarmed.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    its nice....the people in these classes are focusing on what they are doing...they are not thinking about any newcomers or anything...it is not a competition in yoga...focus on the pose....always remember to breathe...dont hold your breath....take a large towel and a bottle of water....enjoy the heat...enjoy
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Be sure to bring a towel with you! Lots of newcomers don't realize how much you actually sweat. And most importantly, have fun!
  • mware01
    Options
    I love my hot yoga TOWEL it makes such a difference when doing hot yoga I don't slip at ALL!!!! There a little pricey but if you like the class then I think it is a MUST HAVE!!! I just searched Hot Yoga Towes on amazon.