Hello

Hi All! My name is Jen. I found this site while looking for an App for my Blackberry...And I am so far LOVING it! I am a new Mommy. My son is 8 months old. So you guessed it, I am trying to lose my baby wieght! I was ASTONISHED when I started to count my calories :(. No wonder I have only got 5 lbs off in 8 months. But I am hopefully headed down the right track now :). Thanks for reading!

Replies

• jenszoo
    jenszoo Posts: 19
    Hi All! My name is Jen. I found this site while looking for an App for my Blackberry...And I am so far LOVING it! I am a new Mommy. My son is 8 months old. So you guessed it, I am trying to lose my baby wieght! I was ASTONISHED when I started to count my calories :(. No wonder I have only got 5 lbs off in 8 months. But I am hopefully headed down the right track now :). Thanks for reading!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    The amount of calories you eat without knowing it is pretty shocking. Any particular thing that really freaked you out? For me, it was pasta and bread... my favorites.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    :drinker: welcome to the site! i was so surprised when i first started counting calories, i could not believe what i was eating, it has been a huge eye opener. good luck on your weight loss journey xx
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Welcome Jen, I have only been using MFP for about 3 weeks, and I am amazed at how much I have learned that I was doing wrong. Good luck! This is a great website.:flowerforyou:
  • Welcome to the site. I have been here eight days and thoroughly loving the help and support
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    welcome, i joined about a week ago and am loving it too! for me it wasnt so much what the foods were that i was eating, but how much of them i was eating that was shocking when i started tracking calories!! its amazing i've already been learning to cut back portions and make healthier choices, but i dont deprive myself of the things I really love. we had pizza the other night, I ate it, but only 2 slices instead of the 4 i would normally have. it seems to be working for me so far, and i feel so much better already! good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jenszoo
    jenszoo Posts: 19
    Thanks all for words of encouragment! You're right it's not the food that was surprising but the portions. It will be a lifestyle change but slow and steady wins the race!!