for gunt76 (800 calorie diet post got locked)

Options
i'd been on a 700 calorie diet last year and trust me, i just gained back the weight-- not every single pound but i gained back some. of course it would work for the first few months but after your body gets tired of trying to survive everyday, you would eventually give up. i had developed an eating disorder because of that and i won't dare to do that again. i'm now on a 1,200 calorie diet and i'm losing the pounds just like before BUT in a much healthier way.

13815733.png

Replies

• gunt76
    gunt76 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks sheystar.

I had no idea I was going to be shut down for asking for advice!

In my mind I set myself a VLCD without the use of meal replacement shakes. I didnt realise the possible effects it could have on my body and I appreciate the advice given. Furthermore, I have taken on board the information received from everyone and I will indeed be making changes to my diet to include more calories, though with medical issues, adding extra exercise to my diet is near on impossible, I'm busting my rump to do what I am already.

What I didnt appreciate was the inference that I had a 'disorder'. Weighing in at over 100kg (220 pounds) I was after support not finger pointing, accusations or admonishment for what I thought was a great effort for someone so over weight.

I wont post in the forum anymore as I dont appreciate being belittled or being shut down without so much as a right of reply - not by you - by others and the the moderator :mad:

Glad to hear you are much healthier now, I plan to get to that point :ohwell:
  • Gshields42
    Options
    Gunt76 - Please don't take offense. I don't think anyone there meant to upset or admonish you, particularly in such a way as to offend you. If so, please ignore them.

The 800 calories is an alarming amount, and I took the tone that everyone that posted there (including myself) was concerned and trying to educate, not make you feel bad. I know a lot of the replies came across as somewhat brusque, but I think that was just a lot of people trying to answer the question right quick (at the same time). If you look, 12 of the 14 replies were made within an 8 minute period. I took the moderator closing the thread being because of the glut of answers saying essentially the same thing, rather than trying to shut you down.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Thanks sheystar.

I had no idea I was going to be shut down for asking for advice!

In my mind I set myself a VLCD without the use of meal replacement shakes. I didnt realise the possible effects it could have on my body and I appreciate the advice given. Furthermore, I have taken on board the information received from everyone and I will indeed be making changes to my diet to include more calories, though with medical issues, adding extra exercise to my diet is near on impossible, I'm busting my rump to do what I am already.

What I didnt appreciate was the inference that I had a 'disorder'. Weighing in at over 100kg (220 pounds) I was after support not finger pointing, accusations or admonishment for what I thought was a great effort for someone so over weight.

I wont post in the forum anymore as I dont appreciate being belittled or being shut down without so much as a right of reply - not by you - by others and the the moderator :mad:

Glad to hear you are much healthier now, I plan to get to that point :ohwell:

Interesting board name.....

Not sure was shut down, but I wouldn't let that deter you. This place is full of helpful people, some are to the point.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Don't give up Gunt!
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    dont ever eat less thn 1200 calories bcoz last year i was at 56kg n all my sis n frnds were like yuck ur only 5 feet tall n 56 kg so i got sick n started 800 calorie diet nw after a year i gained most weight back like upto 55 kg. i sometimes het heart palpitation (fast heart beat) so i'd advice every1 never go below 1200. ii lov a guy bt i cnt even tel him cz dnt when lifez gona end. enjoy ur life take ur time, the weight will remain off. :smile: