Where do you get your songs/mp3s for your ipod?

Options
Where is the cheapest and most reliable for good quality place for songs for an ipod?

I hate getting burned and ending up with a bad quality song, or an imitation, or a radio edit when you really want the album version complete with all the powerful f-bombs - I'm sorry - I'm a grown up and if there is a swearword, I want to hear it! LOL...

Anyways - where do you guys get your songs?

I miss the days when mp3's first came out 10 years ago - they were free and it was fun (although unethical)

Replies

• anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    I used to find vdeos on youtube then get a converter online then download the mp3 version. Quality isnt amazing but it was free. Now I just use my brothers log in details for iTunes! LOL!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Itunes. It's not costly. Songs are either 1.29 or 99ct and whole CD's usually don't cost too much. Plus, you can listen to a snippet to make sure you have the correct song.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I use Amazon's MP3 service, but only because it was pre-installed on my Android phone which also serves as my music player. If I had an iPod I'd use iTunes.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    iTunes here. Never tried the convertor from utube etc.. but I find the quality of iTunes just okay so I can't imagine having to listen to a poorer quality from a convertor. Even if it was free.

Just bought a bunch of Red Hot Chili Peppers stuff I've been wanting for workout motivation

I've also loaded a bunch of old CDs I had onto iTunes for free. Very nice sound quality.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    Where is the cheapest and most reliable for good quality place for songs for an ipod?

I hate getting burned and ending up with a bad quality song, or an imitation, or a radio edit when you really want the album version complete with all the powerful f-bombs - I'm sorry - I'm a grown up and if there is a swearword, I want to hear it! LOL...

I miss the days when mp3's first came out 10 years ago - they were free and it was fun (although unethical)

Have you tried Frostwire? it replace Limewire, make sure youplay the download preview, some files are illegal and don't open.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    try allofmp3 if it is still going, they are very cheap - far cheaper than any UK/American based company anyway.
  • jdjefferson
    Options
    Not sure how this is in Fitness and Exercise, but anyway...

go to The Hype Machine (http://hypem.com/) Find a song you like (there is a search box) and click the link "posted xx hrs ago" (or "posted xx days ago")--that will take you to the blog which posted the song. Confused? Hopefully not.
    Also, if you are grown up and like good music (as you seem like you do) download GirlTalk for free: http://illegal-art.net/girltalk/
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Amazon MP3. They have albums for $5 or less all the time. They change every month. Right now they have over 1000 for $5. Good quality (usually).
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Spotify!!!!!!
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Not sure how this is in Fitness and Exercise, but anyway...

If I would have room in the topic, I would have added "for your ipod to exercise to"
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm a dinosaur, apparently. I still own 100s of CDs and simply put everything into iTunes on my computer. I've made multiple workout playlists from that. I also got an iTunes gift card from a fitness challenge at work and am using that to add a few things that I don't actually own.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    limewire pirate edition:glasses:
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Have you tried Frostwire? it replace Limewire, make sure youplay the download preview, some files are illegal and don't open.

bump.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    mp3 rocket
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Amazon has a lot of free downloads...that's where I got my spin music from.
  • Fashionista012
    Fashionista012 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    SPOTIFY!!!!!!! U WILL NEVER GO BACK. SPOTIFY ITS BETTER THAN PANDORA. love it
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options

I want something that you can transport on an ipod - does spotify allow you to take the songs with you on an ipod that is not connected to the internet? I'll check it out.
  • Fashionista012
    Fashionista012 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

I want something that you can transport on an ipod - does spotify allow you to take the songs with you on an ipod that is not connected to the internet? I'll check it out.

yes am pretty sure you can but its about 9 bucks a month....but u get allllll the songs new and old!!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    We buy almost exclusively from iTunes.

We did, however, rip all of our CDs and import into iTunes, so we had thousands upon thousands of songs before we ever spent a penny.