Thin Buns vs My regula white whole wheat bread.

Options
So I was thinking about buying some Thin Buns since people are always talking about how great they are and what a good option this is.

But comparing the nutritional info

The thin Buns ( sara lee brand)have 100 calories , Fat 1.5 g , Sodium 140 , Carbs 20 , Sugar 2g , Dietary Fiber 4g.

But my regular white whole wheat bread , has 90 calories , fat 1g , Sodium 125, Carbs 17, Sugar 2g , Dietary Fiber 1g

Sometimes I can even get the white whole wheat bread that is 80 calories.

Does the extra 3g in dietary fiber is really worth it , when every thing else is higher.

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Well, for a sandwich you use 2 pieces of bread, right? So you are really looking at 180 calories, 2 g fat, 250 sodium, 34 carbs, 4 sugar and 2 g fiber vs the thin bun which is actually 2 pieces so you use 1 for a whole sandwich.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did not take that into consideration , I just assume it would be the same as the regular bread. My bad for assuming .
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Always read serving size first:-) I'm 99% sure the serving size for a Thin Bun is one bun(the 2 pieces) and serving size for most breads are 1 slice.
    But if you are going to use it as toast or french toast, by all means, use the WWW bread. A thin bun would make NASTY french toast!LOL
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, the serving size is important. I have seen a few regular breads where the serving size is 2 slices, with about 150 calories for the serving.
  • StoryGirl9
    Options
    I like the thin buns sometimes, but I do like the taste of real bread. Dave's Killer Bread has a light bread that is 60 calories and I will use that and make a tempeh and veggie sandwich. Oh, I am hungry just thinking of it!