Bad Knees?

Options
For many years my knees have always been my excuse for not running and doing some exercises...i think i have crepitis (rice crispie knee) and arthritis...i would have to take naproxen after every walk practically...this winter I have noticed no more knee pain. I am wondering if its because I am just walking more or if its the different exercises i do like squats on 30 day shred etc.. I actually have been able to run on the treadmill with ZERO pain ...is it just the increase in endurance and strength from continually walking all the time or the strength exercises that are helping ...ANY IDEAS?

Replies

• jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Could be a combination of things. I'm sure building the muscle has helped... Losing weight so you don't have as much pressure on them helps. And you're eating better so your body is thriving on all the nutrients it needs and wants. I have a bad left knee... And I find the healthier I am the better it does. It could be that your form is getting better too. A lot of times when we are out of shape our walking and running form is slouched and sloppy. But if your getting stronger your form is improving causing less irritation. That would be my guess... I'm no Dr... But two dislocations later I have done lots of physical therapy. Glad to hear of your progress!!! That's awesome!