pop, tea or water??

Options
I use to drink diet 7 up and I quit when I started dieting and started drinking water. Gotta say I do not like water, maybe a couple times a day but not to live on. So my question... which is better diet pop or tea? And it would only a treat for once a day at dinner. Thanks!!!

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Tea. Green tea is especially beneficial while "dieting".
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I agree tea is better
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Real tea.
    Diet pop isn't good for you at all. My opinion, try your best to stay away from it.
    But you should realllly try to make yourself drink more water, you need it. You'll get used to it eventually. :)
  • rubygarcia86
    rubygarcia86 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i love soda so much, it was the first thing to go for the new year when i decided to lose the weight. however i do drink sweet tea at times and lemonades and i know they're not that much better. Im really struggling with just water but i would suggest tea...
  • nickyherg
    Options
    I can't seem to get the water down either....I LOVE diet soda.
  • slplummer02
    Options
    Hey Girl. I have been struggling with the water too. As you know I love my diet soda!! But I have been using crystal light pink lemonade in some of mine. It adds 5 calories but still counts as a water. That is something that I learned from weight watchers. Also unsweetened tea and black coffee count as water too. Soda or juices can not because they can not hydrate you. Like you told me the other day, try to cut down to 1 soda a day. Save it for dinner as a treat. That is what I have been doing and it also helps fill me up so I don't wake up extremely hungry in the morning.
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light is just as bad for you as diet soda. All it basically is, is aspartame.

There's a Great Value brand that's sweetened with stevia, a natural sweetener. Go for that instead if you want a lower sugar substitute.
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love water with MiO (and yes I realize it is not the healthiest but I really don't care), it's got me drinking water all day long and it's really helped my weight loss and overall health.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Hands down, tea is better; in my opinion at least. I drink a glass of tea every night with my dinner. But, I don't mind drinking water either.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Try this...
    WATER
    Are you struggling to get enough?

Try this

2 litres of water
    1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
    1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 medium lemon thinly sliced
    12 small spearmint leaves

Combine ingredients and let stand in fridge overnight.
    Add ice cubes and enjoy.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Try lemoning up your water. You could have some fun with it. Try soaking berries in a pitcher of water overnight. It give the water this light berry taste. Cucumber water is delicious. I love me some unsweetened tea. I stopped sweetening it to try to appreciate the more subtle flavors of the tea when I was a teenager and man o man have my taste buds adjusted. Sweetened tea is just gross unless it's the perfect southern sweet tea. I still have trouble with plain water. I end up just filling up a glass and chugging.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    All of the above. They are all liquids and as long as you are getting those you are good. Tea is really good if you buy the good stuff (i.e., Lipton not so good -- I grew up drinking it but wouldn't touch it now). Republic of Tea, Mighty Leaf and Stash are some really good ones. Lots of choices. The fruit or "desert" ones are good to start with as the flavorings help get you used to the tea flavor. Also, black and white are less vegetable tasting so might be easier than green until you get a taste for it. Republic has a Sweet Tea that doesn't actually have sugar but a plant (I forget which off top of my head -- not stevia).

If want natural water flavorings try True Lemon/Lime/Orange/Grapefruit. All are great to add to water or tea.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I put a few drops if lime juice in my water. Not a treat, but not as boring.
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The reason why diet soda isn't so good for you is because of the artificial sweeteners and the sodium content. So tea is the best. Especially green tea. I drink tea unsweetened but if your going to add sugar then try to make it zero calorie sweetener. Even that is better then soda.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    this fitness camp i went to last year provided us with tons of water.. they put fresh fruit berries /lemons /or oranges in it .. was pretty good but fresh iced water is fine with me .. now that im trying to lose body fat i ramped it up and i drink green tea with lemon because there are claimes that it helps..ive adjusted to the taste .,i figure it this way...my way didnt work so im trying everyone's way that did work and see where i go from there.. im so used to drinking water i never think about it anymore.. i drink it like we breathe.. can the pop because its no good for you in any way shape or form. you will get through it and learn to find something healthier that works for you.. i put my water ina gallon jug every day and that sucker never leaves my side . by the end of the day its usally all gone or gone all together
  • Jodi827
    Jodi827 Posts: 40
    Options
    Me too. Diet Coke rocks.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Diet soda has less than 70 mg for a 20 oz bottle. That is not high by any means if you look at what is in meat, cheese, canned food, any processed food, etc.
  • chubbiechicken
    Options
    diet pop is worse than regular pop ........I am not a bigger water drinker either, but if you carry it with you !!!!!! you'll drink it ,,,,, :)
    slowwwwly drinking tea look for white tea.....so much more beneficial than green tea
  • nathaliasmommy
    nathaliasmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    what about the flavoured water? the kinda in a bottle?
  • l33von
    l33von Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    water water water, its hard at first but you will get used to it! tea is good but, too much can cause kidney stones from the natural minerals and stain your teeth. filtered water is the one thing your body does not have to break down. hydrate and give your body a vacation from having to filter and digest all that sugar and impurities!