What portion of calories do you eat after 5p?

Options
2»

Replies

• it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I would say 35-50%, depending on the day. Going to sleep with a full stomach is non negotiable.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Most of my days look like this:

10am 300 calories
    1pm 400 calories
    6pm 600-700 calories
    9 or 10pm 200-300 calories

Once or twice a week I will skip breakfast and eat around 900 calories for lunch and eat the other 500-700 later at night though.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    It varies, but lately about 400 for breakfast, 400/500 lunch/afternoon snack, 600 for dinner and another 300/400 for dessert. :smile:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    70-80%
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat when I am hungry.
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Most of it. I like to have dinner, and then some more dinner before I go to sleep. Because I tend to have dinner, then I'm active for a little while, then I have more dinner and then I go to sleep :smile:
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    depends for me. on workout days. probably 70% or more.
    on other days, i dont care as much, lol. anywhere between 30 and 80%.
  • claire_90
    Options
    breakfast usually about 150 calories
    lunch about 200 calories
    day snack about 100 calories

and the rest occurs between 5pm and 10pm
  • tiente
    tiente Posts: 6
    Options
    Dinner's usually my biggest meal. I often stay up fairly late (past midnight) working and I eat dinner at about 6, so I sort of need the extra energy to keep me going in that time!

I tend not to snack after dinner though as that just leads to more mindless eating whilst I'm working, it's easier to go cold turkey and just drink lots of tea/squash for me :)
  • jenbousman
    Options
    I try to save 50 - 60% of my caloeries for dinner. I like a full meal!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I wanted to take a little poll. How many calories (what percentage) do leave for dinner and post dinner snacks?

I've heard the old adage about breakfast like a king.......but I know that doesn't work for me. I like to have breakfast foods at breakfast time, and I can rarely make it to a 400 calorie breakfast. Mine are typical 200-350 calories. By the time late afternoon hits, I seem to leave 40% of my calories for dinner time. I feel like I get hungrier at night, so I eat most of my food then.

I usually get hungry on the following schedule and eat accordingly:
    Breakfast: 8-9a, 200-300 cals
    Morning Snack: 10-11, 100-200 cals
    Lunch: 12-1:30, 350-500 cals
    Afternoon Snack: 330-5, 100-200 cals
    Dinner: 7-8: 400-550 calories
    Dessert or whatever: 8-9, 150 calories

How about you guys? What's your pattern and what has worked really well for you?

Dinner is usually my largest amount of calories, sometimes as much as 700 calories. Lunch is my lightest meal, sometimes only fruit. Breakfast is around 300 calories and is eggs and a piece of fruit.

I leave the largest meal until last so that I look forward to it all day.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    50-60% usually
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1300 a day.

Typically, I have around:
    300 - Breakfast
    400 - Lunch
    600 - Evening Meal

Plus, if I've done any exercise I'll usually be leaving that quite late and having a small snack/dessert. Or, go the other way and take a snack when people bring them into the office, and then exercise later to increase my allowance to cover it.

Nothing's set in stone, though. That's just the way it works out.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat on my way to or in bed, Last night my last snack was a about 11 pm :)