Anyone in East London (UK)- Leytonstone/Wanstead?

Options

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am in Leyton (near Orient's ground) :)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Morning, I'm in southwest london, Wimbledon for work, Richmond area for home. Doing pretty good today, started with coffee and a banana, having fruit & yoghurt for lunch & home made spag bol tonight. Have a good day :)
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    Hello all new Londoners on the thread......

Looking at your weight losses... wawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... I should do better than I do...

LOve this site, love the support here :)

Could not be bothered to go to meetings at WW or SW or the likes, here is so much better :)
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    Has anyone UK based got some quick cheap and cheerful breakfast ideas that do not use up most of daily calories allowance?

And that does nto involved English sausages (yukkk - sorry, ALL of them).

My fav breakfast , when put into here clocked up nearly 300 calories and that gave me a real fright....

Thanks for any ideas...
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    Flixie, Angelabec - wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, look at YOUR trackers.... amazing :)
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    ???

Where is everyone again?
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm down on the South Coast, but as for breakfast, a programme I was on over 30 years ago, which was brilliant, insisted on protein at every meal... and you were only allowed 4 eggs a week .... so a lowcal option I have stuck with ever since is cottage cheese, with toast and Marmite (OK you might hate that!) - but you can get all the cottage cheese with.... and a small tub usually lasts me about 5days. That keeps me going till lunchtime!
    Hope you find some more local people - I find this site brilliant, and a big help in making me aware of just how many cals there are in things - I've only been on 2weeks and am 8 lbs down - grrrreat!
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    Florawanda - thanks for posting :)

Yep, can not stand the taste of marmite LOL

BUT love houmus.. too many cal in houmous...

Still finding my way around all this but the site is brilliant.

Right now trying to figure out how to calculate calories in hoe made soups... Hmmmmm
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    and up
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    300 calories for breakfast is not bad seeing as you are supposed to eat 1200 or above if you're exercising x
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    South East London :) Hi!!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I see you like houmous so why not make your own

I use a can a chick peas some tahini garlic and lemon juice - that is a little thick (as there is no olive oil in it) so if it is too thick as a spoon of water and mix well - if you like chunky houmous use a masher if you like it smooth a hand blender or a food processor

if you use the recipe maker on here you can easily work out the calories

to that and to make it go further I often add some roasted aubergine

obviously a bit of lemon zest is good with chopped coriander

just experiment
  • EnufAlready
    EnufAlready Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from east London.

Unfortunately I'm not there anymore. Now I'm in Canada. LOL

Oh well. I might go over this summer and then I might be in East London for a few minutes during my visit. (I'm assuming Lambeth and Camberwell are in East London). - I've been here a long time.
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    Helo new and old people :)

Yup, will try own houmus - love it.

Lambeth and Camberwell are I think SE but does not matter LOL

How is everyone doing today?

I plan to go to a zumba class tomorrow.... if I am not posting in the evening - means I am CRAWLING back home LOL
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    hi and welcome to mfp, im not local as such but get to leyton about 2/3 nights a week with work n go running (i work on the railway so end up nr eurostar depot). ever fancy a run give me a shout. sadly they are normally at 1am lol
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    1am run sounds like my dream (not) LOL

But well done to you :)
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    lol yeah i am a bit of a nutter - so what are you favs in way of exercise? one big thing i found was stick to what u enjoy or u end up giving up
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    NO exercise at all - apart from walking my 40kg of a dog (german Shepherd)
    May dust the stepper tonight..... if I manage to get it out from the cupboards, from under about 60kg of cat tfood which in itself should be an exercise, no?
    MAY got for a zumba class tomorrow as they are starting literaly 2 min walk from me......

Can not run, really can not - lots of reasons...

What about you?

And everyone else?
  • Londonwoman
    Options
    How was everyone's weekend then?

Over? Under?

:)
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    I used to hate running but over the last year have built up from running a meter or 2 to having done a 10 miles run around Layton ad surrounding areas lol. Also do biking climbing and weights x