Beer Snob

Options
I like GOOD beer, not your bud light, coors, watered down crap....

However, most good beer is 150-200cals.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any good beer that's lower cal than that?

Thanks!

Replies

• langababy
    langababy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't. But, I do know that if I want a really good beer with dinner, I'll go for a run to have the room for those calories. Beer is a great motivator. :drinker:
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey, Chowder,

I really get you. In my case, I like good wine.

People suggest watering it down, like with wine spritzers, but to me, that sucks.

My advice is to to have the thing you really want but to use "exercise" earned calories to offset it. And to have the real thing. It's just more satisfying that way.

Enjoy every sip!
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Guinness - 126 cal/12 oz
    I also started drinking Yuengling Lager Light (if your in the northeast US or florida) which is 99 per bottle.
    But otherwise no, not really.

Unfortunately the best option is to just drink less or adjust your eating/exercise to leave room for more.
  • bankjm
    bankjm Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    New Castle is 140 calories and very delicious!
  • SenseAtional
    Options
    Here's the calorie info for many many beers: http://www.mywalletisfatnotme.com/2011/04/imbibe-to-keep-your-workouts-alive.html

I, too, like good beers and have found it difficult using my calories on beer. If I really want to have a beer (or four), I work out extra earlier in the day and allot those calories for it. Yuengling light is only 98 calories and tastes decent.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some of the tips. I do love Newcastle and Guinness. Usually, I just try to workout more too, but I wasn't sure if there were some new good beers I didn't know about.