helpp !!

Options
I need motivation where do you start and how do you get goin on something you just seem to be hitting into a wall with

Replies

• cynn
    cynn Posts: 20
    Options
    I need motivation where do you start and how do you get goin on something you just seem to be hitting into a wall with
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hiya!! welcome to MFP ...you might enjoy our little group on here called bring it..just join in and introduce yourself thats always a god way to start...heres the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43632-bring-it-part-iii-team-no-excuses-in-march?page=1#posts-460961
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    baby steps & slow and steady are my motos

take it one day at a time, one pound at a time

you CAN do it, you just need to stick with it, drink your water, log everything you eat, you will then see results

:flowerforyou:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I started by finding a change in my diet that didn't feel like a diet. I also took the step to join a gym because if I'm paying, then I'll go.

Whenever I hit a wall, I focus on the benefits of pushing through. For instance when I hit a wall while working out I think about swimming this summer. I think about not being embarrassed when I take my shirt off.
  • cynn
    Options
    thank you sooo much !! I will check your group out for sure !
    I thought I had things in order and then seen this site as people were telling me about it and all I see is tons and tons of obstacles yikess so you are right i need to step back and take baby steps and do one pound at a time
    is there a place i go i can log everything i eat or do I make a journal etc ? thank you sooo much for your help girls
  • cynn
    Options
    hart kid you are right ! if i pay into something iw ill use it more !!! I need to do that , i will go out tomorrow to find a local gym and I will feel more responsible to use it !!
    i wont think of taking off my shirt lol but i will think about a bathsuit lol for sure thank you very much !! great idea
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    ok first welcome this is the fisrt step whatch what your eating. next take a walk, next talk to you DR.
    last remember you didn't get out of shape over night So YOU WON"T GET IN SHAPE OVERNIGHT.
    it's a long road like the rest of your life.
    Good luck
  • cynn
    Options
    soo true ! John thank you for that honesty !! I wish it would be an over night lol solution , thks for the advice forsure
  • bitty_401
    bitty_401 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to MFP.I've been here for two weeks now.It was hard for me to start.I used to buy any type of pills for losing weight; and so with these food systems.I also try the shakes, and teas.And even went to a weight control center.And kept gaining weight once I quit.So I decided this year will be different.I told my daughter in law that I was picking my life and make some new arrangements.I was going to lose weight.And she told me about this place.So I came to MFP.I surf around.I saw that everyone was on the same boat as I was.Ones had lost weight and encouraged you to keep on.Others are in as you are.So I began writing I'M NEW!!!A lot of people answer and welcome me to MFP.I began logging everything I ate and everything I did.Then I saw that you are the only one to rule your routine and your diet plan.I keep eating the same things I always like to eat but measured.The only thing new are the greens in every meals.I eat green beans or broccoli or pickles(raw), green peppers, lettuce(different types) which i never did before.I eat green because it will accelerate your metabolism naturally.
    So if I can be of any help, just let me know.
    And make it like something you will enjoy and it will be great.I made a lot good friends even met a friend from my hometown.Isn't it wonderful.
    See you can enjoy what you are doing even if it is hard to do.
    Go on, girl.We will be here to keep you into your plan.
    God bless you and take care.
    your new friend
  • cynn
    Options
    bitty thank you soo much i heard that before about greens !! nice to know somebody who is doing it and feels that way about it ! I wasnt sure and was worried if I tried it I would just get pointy long ears and fluffy tail and only come out around easter lmaooo my favorite food hard to believe I know lol is spinnach I eat it by the bags full yikesss lol
    everyone I met here soo far are completely sweet and soo positive I already feel great coming here !
    Thank you soo much for being soo kind too bitty
    I hope to keep in touch with you and see alot less of each other , each time in our weight lost journey