cardio exercise and it's effect on male/female hormones?

Options
Does anyone have any information on how exercise effects sex hormones?

I've been doing regular cardio exercise for a couple of weeks and I've started to notice that my hair isn't as greasy and my skin is different too. It got me wondering if cardio exercise has an effect on estrogen, progesterone, testosterone etc.

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I haven't noticed any effect on my hormones from exercise. I have noticed changes in my appetite based on hormone differences though.

Basically, I stopped taking the pill in October. My body is acting all sorts of wonky now, but I am not nearly as hungry as I was before. I'm working out, but I've tried working out while I was on the pill and I don't notice a whole lot of differences.

I do suspect that exercise has an effect on metabolic hormones, but I don't know about sex hormones.... Hmmm...
  • ChristineandRoxy
    ChristineandRoxy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have pcos and since i have been working out things have really changed my periods are almost regular and my skin is getting better next time i go to the doctor im getting my hormones tested again because before they were way out of range so ill let you know how they turn out
  • ChristineandRoxy
    ChristineandRoxy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was on pills before to correct this and i stopped taking them about 4 months ago to see if healthy living would fix it instead of pills looks like its working :)
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hi christine! please let me know how you go with the hormone tests, i find this really interesting! :)