Another Girly Topic - Possible TMI

Options
I just started TOM today, and I'm a little freaked out. I'm bleeding.. orange? :huh:

I did a quick Google search and it said it could be a possible B-12 deficiency (anemia related) or a change in diet. Since I've recently (in the last few months) changed up my diet, is this normal? Anyone else get this? Anybody know what causes it? :ohwell:

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I just started TOM today, and I'm a little freaked out. I'm bleeding.. orange? :huh:

I did a quick Google search and it said it could be a possible B-12 deficiency (anemia related) or a change in diet. Since I've recently (in the last few months) changed up my diet, is this normal? Anyone else get this? Anybody know what causes it? :ohwell:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    weird i have never even heard of that happening... id be going to the dr....
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    ive never heard of this, but since i have been trying to lose weight i have become very low on iron, i never had this before, so i have to take my iron tablets all the time

i would go to the doc today/tomorrow just to be safe

:flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    ive never heard of this, but since i have been trying to lose weight i have become very low on iron, i never had this before, so i have to take my iron tablets all the time

i would go to the doc today/tomorrow just to be safe

:flowerforyou:

Today is Sunday, but I will probably make an app tomorrow. I took a multivitamin with my daily allotment of iron and B-12 in the meantime. :indifferent:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I have never heard of it either. I hsve been here eight days and started TOM yesterday. Everything normal for me.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any meds? I know the pain relief meds for UTI's can cause orange bodily fluids as can some other medications. I've also heard too much beta carotene can have an effect on these sorts of things. I'd give your gyn a call and see what he/she says about it and if it's something to worry about or not. It could be it's diet related and will pass but it could be a precursor to something else so check in with your doc!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I noticed this my last cycle, which has been my first cycle in 7 months (I have the mirena IUC-normal not to have a TOM) Anyway, in the beginning I was orange also.......5 days in I noticed a feeling of low Iron.....started taking xtra vitamins and started feeling alright after about 4 days. Also my TOM got back to normal after the 2nd day.

Let me know if you find out anything on this please :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yah - that's not something I've ever experienced or heard of, either. I've been severely anemic in the past (as a hemophiliac who experienced more than one childbirth hemorrhage) and the blood was never orange.

Call the doc or midwife. It's probably a med reaction.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    I'm not on ANY meds, and haven't been for.... well, since I can remember. :laugh: Sassie - I am going to call my doc in the morning and see what he says. It is probably low iron, the more I think about it. I just like to be on the safe side... :ohwell:
  • paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    Sorry I've never heard of this either, how strange! I am sure it's nothing too serious and hopefully you can get it fixed by calling your doctor. I am not sure what "TOM" is, sorry I am new! :blushing:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I've never experinced that but I really wouldn't worry too much. I've read that your period can be a whole range of colours depending on different things. As long as you're planning on calling your doc, you're good. DOn't stress too much :flowerforyou:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've never heard of this either, how strange! I am sure it's nothing too serious and hopefully you can get it fixed by calling your doctor. I am not sure what "TOM" is, sorry I am new! :blushing:

Paula,
    TOM = time of month!!!!:laugh:

I'm new to all of this chat stuff, and there are SO many abbreviations that I can't quite figure out. I know the intent but can't quite figure out the origin: dh- husband? as one example.:grumble:
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    DH= dear husband
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    DH= dear husband

I thought darling husband. ahhh same meaning.

allenhm, did your doctor have any insights?
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have had that happen too...........

I was anemic at the time, had to go on prescription iron pills for about 3-6 months............

I am no longer anemic as I make sure to eat a lot of iron rich foods.........

Spinach
    Collard Greens
    Red Meat (cooked medium)
    Beets

Those are my faves!!
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Iron is easily absorbed with orange juice. I was severely anemic with both of my pregnancies and my OB and Oncologist advise to take iron pills with a full glass of orange juice. (*Does anyone else take their iron with OJ?) Please let us know what the Doc said. Be well! :flowerforyou: