What is your favorite Billy Joel song? By Christina Love

Options

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Percy Sledge was the original to record When a Man Loves a Woman. Billy was probably just a kid! Love me some Billy.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Percy Sledge was the original to record When a Man Loves a Woman. Billy was probably just a kid! Love me some Billy.

Was that before Billy sang "Your So Vain"?
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Yeah, then Carly Simon did a poor cover of it...
  • cobracars
    Options
    Hmm. "When a Man Loves a Woman" Is Percy Sledge. You are having an off night. Maybe you meant "She's Always a Woman"?

Sorry. I'm a music geek. :smile:

music geek here too and i thought you were right so i googled it and yep that is percy sledge

I think Christina is right - Billy Joel was probably the original one to record it. I'm sure of it.

- Nancy Leisher

Some guy named Billy Walker did a cover of it in 1970, I doubt if Billy Joel has EVER sung it.
  • _snw_
    Options
    Hmm. "When a Man Loves a Woman" Is Percy Sledge. You are having an off night. Maybe you meant "She's Always a Woman"?

music geek here too and i thought you were right so i googled it and yep that is percy sledge

I think Christina is right - Billy Joel was probably the original one to record it. I'm sure of it.

- Nancy Leisher

Some guy named Billy Walker did a cover of it in 1970, I doubt if Billy Joel has EVER sung it.

i think the internet (all of it) has it wrong. I distinctly remember seeing Billy Joel play it while on the ukulele.
  • cobracars
    Options
    you're at your high school dance, anxious to be with that special someone you've admired for a long time. You're dressed up for the night, the stars are outside, its getting late and soon the dance will be over. Finally the band plays that special song and the two of you embrace and become lost in the moment...because This Night you're mine..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXgdP5w7vTc
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

- Nancy Leisher

1 UP! -Christina Love
  • xtinalovexo
    Options

Yeah, then Carly Simon did a poor cover of it...

He sucks!

- Nancy Leisher

i think the internet (all of it) has it wrong. I distinctly remember seeing Billy Joel play it while on the ukulele.

I youtubed it, soooo right! -Christina Love
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Piano Man.

JM
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    "You May Be Right" - an awesome song, and one I can "almost" pull of at karaoke.
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    "Vienna"

Almost everything on "Cold Spring Harbor". That's one that should be enjoyed as an album!

"Souvenir"

I think I need to go through my CDs and dig out some gems...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Zanzibar off of "52 Street". :love:

Still hating that I didn't see him and Elton John when they were on tour together. :explode:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    "My Life." Mostly because I remember it as the theme from Bosom Buddies. :heart: Buffy and Hildegard rocked.

I have almost PTSD with "Piano Man" from taking dance classes I didn't want to take and doing a Viennese Waltz with a really awkward guy who kept mouthing "one two three, one two three" and would step on my toes if I tried to make eye contact. That five minute song seemed to last 47 years.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    "Piano Man"

I've rarely heard a song that tells a tale so accurately in such a beautiful way.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    goodnight saigon
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Why did you sign the subject line?
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Piano Man and Only The Good Die Young!! I <3 Billy Joel:)
  • xtinalovexo
    Options

Isn't that how the posts are supposed to be titled now???

I saw it on a bunch of other threads!

-Christina Love
  • _snw_
    Options

I thought that's what we were supposed to do.

- Nancy Leisher
  • _snw_
    Options

Isn't that how the posts are supposed to be titled now???

I saw it on a bunch of other threads!

-Christina Love

You are my new BFF

- Nancy Leisher