low-calorie chips?

juana
juana Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
hi. i'm new here. just a week on-log and i'm quite happy with my results.
i love chips and, for the time being, i replaced them with fresh apples. pretty good... well, but not for me. i don't eat much fruits and veggies. as always, this is why it is difficult for me to go dieting -- i ran out of choices of food that i eat.
now, after a week of apple nibbling, i'm getting a little tired of it -- and to think that I can only consume 1 apple/day, nibbling it throughout the day.
anyone there who knows something i can nibble on while working?
you see, my job requires me to read and edit scholarly articles for 8 to 10 hours everyday. :yawn: yeah, not-so-interesting stuff. and to be efficient, i need coffee and chips to keep me awake. :tongue:
help please! :happy:

Replies

• juana
    hi. i'm new here. just a week on-log and i'm quite happy with my results.
    i love chips and, for the time being, i replaced them with fresh apples. pretty good... well, but not for me. i don't eat much fruits and veggies. as always, this is why it is difficult for me to go dieting -- i ran out of choices of food that i eat.
    now, after a week of apple nibbling, i'm getting a little tired of it -- and to think that I can only consume 1 apple/day, nibbling it throughout the day.
    anyone there who knows something i can nibble on while working?
    you see, my job requires me to read and edit scholarly articles for 8 to 10 hours everyday. :yawn: yeah, not-so-interesting stuff. and to be efficient, i need coffee and chips to keep me awake. :tongue:
    help please! :happy:
  • tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    I am not 100% sure on this but I know pretzles are suppose to be fat free
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Why are you only allowed to have one apple per day?

and yea - pretzels are about 110ish calories for an ounce with no fat (but an ounce isn't much!)

Baked chips are also not bad, around 120 calories with much less fat than the regular ones for about an ounce too. There's actually a whole slew of baked snack items that are out now like baked doritoes, baked cheetohs, baked plain tortilla chips, etc - all of which are pretty low cal and low fat but none of which offer much nutritional value and all of which are very hard to stop eating once you start!

You know what my favorite thing to nibble on at work is?? Dry cereal! I bring in pre-weighed baggies of things like shredded mini wheats (the new chocolate ones are awesome!) or Quaker oatmeal squares or Barbara's peanut butter puffins. I love cereal! :heart:
  • mmalanick
    mmalanick Posts: 14
    Do you have a food dehydrator? Otherwise a good suggestion would be to make your own potato chips. You would just slice a potato into really thin slices, add a little salt and put them in the food dehydrator until done. They delicious and much healthier than regular pototo chips and also have no additives or preservatives.
  • juana
    actually, my system can only tolerate 1 apple a day. hehe. im not a fruit eater. :smile:

i'll try to look for pretzels and baked chips. those sound interesting than apples for me. thanks!
    i had tried nibbling on dry corn flakes, but upon reviewing their 'nutrition facts' label, i realized they are high in calories. :bigsmile:
  • juana
    Do you have a food dehydrator? Otherwise a good suggestion would be to make your own potato chips. You would just slice a potato into really thin slices, add a little salt and put them in the food dehydrator until done. They delicious and much healthier than regular pototo chips and also have no additives or preservatives.

hmm.. i like this idea. i might just go out and find one. :bigsmile: thanks!
  • inspiron
    inspiron Posts: 13 Member
    maybe microwave popcorn?
This discussion has been closed.