Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Are they not?
  • tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree cuz you get used to sleeping in or having free time then after two days you have to put yourself back on schedule for the long weekend
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that I am not the only one who feels that way! Somehow all the free time makes it easy to think you'll allocate one of those many hours to working out, but then you spend your time doing what you love, taking it easy, instead of continuing to pound the diet drum. sigh.
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    yesss, had to try the grill and skipped lunch to do so.

still went over calories.

Hic, the wine, hic-up.:drinker:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I love weekends (hit me, I deserve it!)

I get more time in the gym, I sleep in (was reading that you need a lot of sleep to lose weight because of the cortisol released while you're asleep), and I tend to be UNDER on calories! :noway:

For the most part I don't drink though...that probably has something to do with it. :tongue: And I've learned to eat out without ruining everything. Had Jason's Deli for dinner tonight...a cup of tomato basil soup and a cup of steamed veggies. The whole meal was 232 calories. I'm having Raisin Bran to knock myself up to 1200!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more I over ate today by 200 calories and have no babysitter to get to the gym .....Can't wait for school days
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    struggled this weekend too-- sick hubby, TOM around the corner-- grrrrr.

Tomorrow's a new chance to get it right-- shake it off and get it right tomorrow.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    (was reading that you need a lot of sleep to lose weight because of the cortisol released while you're asleep)

can you elaborate on this pretty please? I am always wondering how my weight is 3-4 lbs less in the morning than the night before??? Am I actually losing weight while sleeping?(How awesome would that be?)

And, can anyone tell me where weight actually GOES? what I mean is, does it exit your body in the form of urine, in feces, in sweat? How does it leave your system? I should ask Songbyrd, she probably knows.... then again I might not understand her answer:laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I hate the weekends also. During the week I pretty much have a set schedule of food that I eat everyday. I'm constantly on the go so I have no time to be bored and snack.

On the weekend I have TOOO much time!!! Of course we go and exercise, take the dog for a walk, play tennis and unfortunately GO SHOPPING!!!! :wink: But there's always those times when there's just couch potato time!!
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I went over by 800 calories today, so I'd have to agree! Krispy Kreme, Girl Scout cookies, pizza. :)

It's okay, though -- I lost 1.5 pounds over the past month.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    (was reading that you need a lot of sleep to lose weight because of the cortisol released while you're asleep)

can you elaborate on this pretty please? I am always wondering how my weight is 3-4 lbs less in the morning than the night before??? Am I actually losing weight while sleeping?(How awesome would that be?)

And, can anyone tell me where weight actually GOES? what I mean is, does it exit your body in the form of urine, in feces, in sweat? How does it leave your system? I should ask Songbyrd, she probably knows.... then again I might not understand her answer:laugh:

For the purpose of this answer, I'm going to say that 'weight' is comprised of fat and muscle.

Fat (and some muscle) have to be broken up into teeny pieces. Those little pieces go into cells and are used to make energy. There is 'garbage' left over from making the energy, and that is what's urinated/excreted/sweated. The weight loss is really just a product of getting rid of metabolic waste (although some stuff is recycled).
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

For the purpose of this answer, I'm going to say that 'weight' is comprised of fat and muscle.

Fat (and some muscle) have to be broken up into teeny pieces. Those little pieces go into cells and are used to make energy. There is 'garbage' left over from making the energy, and that is what's urinated/excreted/sweated. The weight loss is really just a product of getting rid of metabolic waste (although some stuff is recycled).

I just went and asked my husband and he said this: you know how you put a log in the fireplace and burn it up? All that heat converts a big log into ashes that are much smaller- the "fire" is the burning up of calories, and the "ashes" are the parts that are excreted.

it sounded good- do you concur, Songbyrd?

Thanks for always having so much great info for us!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    weekends are great they kind of prepare us for the many challenges we face....I tend to get out more on the weekend and find myself in different situations regarding food and excercise...key is making the right choices so I dont dread the weekend..:drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

I just went and asked my husband and he said this: you know how you put a log in the fireplace and burn it up? All that heat converts a big log into ashes that are much smaller- the "fire" is the burning up of calories, and the "ashes" are the parts that are excreted.

it sounded good- do you concur, Songbyrd?

Thanks for always having so much great info for us!!!:flowerforyou:

That is a great analogy! Smart hubby. :happy:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I agree. With going out to eat and having a few drinks, it gets tough to stay within the calories. Only thing that helps out is that I am training for half marathon and had to get in a 10 mile run. Burned off a few extra calories.