SNACKS!

Options
I love snacks! Potato chips, chips and salsa, granola bars, they're all sooooo good. I have really been trying to cut back on them because they were making it really hard for me to stay under all my goals for the day. But I have not really found any I really enjoy that are low in calories, carbs and fats. What snacks do yal eat when those munchies kick in? Any ideas are welcome :)

Replies

• KelseyGrace011
    Options
    fruits are always good....apples oranges and grapes are easy to eat! also some 100 calorie yogurt is a great snack i get the ones with strawberry and granola with it (also good for breakfast) have you tried the baked doritos? those are really yummy! i am a bad nightime snacker, especially when i am studying for exams....so i have started drinking a lot of water hoping to quench my snack craving for a little and if i am really hungry i get some yogurt! :)
  • That sounds yummy! Especially the baked doritos. Thank you :smile:
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I try to snack on fruits, lots and lots of oranges, apples and grapefruits, peanut butter, rice cakes, fat free Cool Whip and Jello (sugar free Jello has very few calories and the fat fee Cool Whip is reall low), flat bread with a few slices of sliced turkey, or a flat bread with a Laughing Cow cheese spread in it (that's about 120 calories), and frozen fruits (I get these at Walmart and just eat them frozen, pop a piece in the mouth and suck on it as it thaws out, it takes a long time to eat very much of it!! Frozen blueberries are my favorite).

When I feel a need for something special, like chips, I will splurge on Veggie Straws. They are like potato chips but "supposedly" healthier but I doubt it!!!
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    baby carrots. i don't know how i did it, but i've pretty much trained my tastebuds to think they're candy.
  • baby carrots. i don't know how i did it, but i've pretty much trained my tastebuds to think they're candy.

I will definitely have to try to train my tastebuds to love veggies! :)
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Any kind of fruit or vegetable, sugar free jello or pudding, smart pop 100 cal bags popcorn, and special k cracker chips are my favorite snacks and I looove snacks. :happy:
  • donnanasca
    Options
    Sounds odd but I make Kale chips, very low calorie and packed full of vitamins.. I spice them up with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
  • Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll have to try them all, just on different days :)
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Hummus with cut up veggies, trader joes fresh mozzarella string cheese, Fat free Greek yogurt, Nuts in moderation
  • kelscjo
    kelscjo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Frozen grape are a weird craze and something you can just pop in your mouth while your sitting on the couch. Definitely better as a summertime snack.
  • tnturbomama
    Options
    Some of my favorite snacks are:

Air-popped popcorn (spray with PAM and sprinkle with salt)
    Grapes and string cheese
    Srawberries and low-fat Cool Whip
    Veggie Straws (find these in the chip isle)
    Clementines
    Oikos Greek Yogurt (fruit on the bottom)

Good luck!
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Snap Pea Crisps (sounds nasty but they have the texture of hot fries and taste like them without the spice)
    Take strawberries and dip them in fat free cool whip
    take strawberries and dip them in greek yogurt and freeze them...yum
    sugar free fudgesicles
    handful of semi sweet chocolate chips (only 70 calories for like 30)
    plain rice cakes with a wedge of laughing cow cheese (I work at the plant that makes it and we just got a new cheese-LIGHT STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE YUM gotta try it! the garden vegetable cream cheese is good too these are 45 calories a wedge)
    an english muffin with pizza sauce and fat free mozarella and vegetables..mini pizza!
    special k crackers with laughing cow cheese (use French onion flavor and add a slice of ham and it tastes like a cheese ball!)
    wrap your carrots with turkey its good!
    WASA light rye crackers with a little bit of nutella-tastes like the crispy chocolate bars!
    Smoothies
    whole grain cheerios with skim milk and a small banana

those are a few things i munch on!