One year later...

Options
kiwi1855
kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
So it's been a year since I started. And I went jean shopping today because my jeans were again getting big. I walked out with size 8 jeans, got home, zipped them up - and they fit like a glove. I haven't been a size 8 since... well, I don't know when. Never really...

I started out last year at 288lbs (probably more like 290lbs, but I wasn't going to admit that to anyone, not even myself). I wore 2-3XL shirts, and size 24 jeans. And now, I wear small to medium (depending on the brand) shirts, size 8 jeans, and am 173lbs. I am literally almost half the person I used to be.

And I love it.

I love that I'm looking forward to getting my *kitten* handed to me in a pure cardio class I'm starting next week with my sister in law.

I love that I'm able to go into any store and find something than not only fits, but is cute! I love the fact that I get to choose what I wear based on my likes and dislikes, not the fact that it is the only thing in the store that fits, so I *have* to learn to like it.

I love that I look for ways to get in exercise, even on days that I don't really feel like it, and that my eating doesn't feel restrictive. If I want it, I'll eat it... just likely a little less of it, and I'll get in some extra exercise!

I still have about 30lbs to go before I'm totally "done"... however I have to say that I am happy with what I look like now. I am me again!

Bln1G.jpg

iir3k.jpg

EDIT: I hate inaccurate picture sizing... however... too bad. I like the whole pic!

Replies

• inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow this is amazing! Well done!!
    We can see the picture in your profile picture so it works out :)
  • lissa0710
    Options
    Wow!!! Good job!! You should be proud of yourself. You are clearly a very determined and committed person, good for you!!!
  • mrsmac42
    mrsmac42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    awesome job! you look great!
  • Alisonuk
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations, I can't wait till I can buy clothes I like not clothes that don't make me look fat!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job, you look amazing and healthy! I see your playing Carcasonne (sp?) I love that game!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!