Starting over...Let's do this :)

Hello everyone,
I've been a member of MFP for a few months, but I haven't logged in for awhile. I'm using this as a startover - now that the holidays are over and a new year has begun, I''m using 2012 to work on myself and make myself truly healthy and happy from the inside out. I'm a full-time college student and I'm the president of an organization on campus, so I'm extremely busy but I try to make time to work out. At the very least I try to do some form of physical activity daily, even if it's just walking to and from class (My campus is very hilly, so that's a plus!) I love cooking, and I try to cook as much as I can, though time can be hard to find during the day. I'm working toward making small changes to my diet and working up to a predominately healthy one.

I've been overweight most of my life (butterball baby, chubby kid, overweight teen/adult) and I'm tired of feeling like the fat kid. Motivation is hard for me to keep, but I'm going to try my hardest. I'm ready for this change. :)

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Good luck! (:
    I know you can do it. Any physical activity is better than none. Always remember that. (:
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Motivation is hard to keep up...MFP is wonderful when needing a boost. I log in everyday and try to enter food and exercise everyday. Even on bad days. Too low/too high it doesnt matter I need to be held accountable so I log it and make sure my diary is not set to private. Having others look at it and offer advice has been a true lifesaver.
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Me, too! Starting over, lost 20lbs a year ago, it found me :(
    Now I need to go all the way... At least 45 lbs...woo-hoo for second chances!!
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Hello,

I am using this time to start over as well.

I lost 20 lbs last year with MFP and going to the gym. Then, I had a very unexpected health issue. It has to do with my lungs, so I have not been able to hit the gym.

I have gained back all of my 20lbs plus a couple extra.

I still have my ongoing health issue, but I really need to crack down on my eating and just go to the gym and do what I can do.

So, here I am, back to MFP and trying to get motivated to keep going!