hungry at night

I always get hungry around this time of the evening and wondered if you had some suggestions for a good filling nighttime snack? I just had an apple and it did nothing for me :)

Replies

• sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    In the evenings I usually eat an apple with a bottle of water and sometimes, if I have the extra calories, I may have a yogurt or a glass of 1% milk. The evenings are always the hardest for me! Oh, and I cut my apples. When I have them at night I usually cut them pretty thin and eat them slowly. That way it feels like they are lasting longer! I also put a few drops of lemon juice in my water...for some reason it helps with cravings for me.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Nuts - I found that just a few almonds or cashews ( 4 or 6) can do the trick to take away that empty stomach feeling. Of course I would like to eat a whole lot more, but I try not to.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 457 Member
    i always save a few calories for the evening, which is when i make hot cocoa. but i dont use the powdered sugary nesquik stuff, but i use a cup of milk, a tsp of sugar and however much cocoa i want (its like.... 20cals/tbsp). it takes away the craving for something sweet and i look forward to it every night!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Feel free to look at my diary; I generally eat over half of my calories at night :)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    an apple is probably the worst thing you can have.

its very fiberous. perhaps try something with protein.
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    I always want to eat at night even when I'm not necessarily hungry... hot tea with honey will usually hold me over until bed.