Is Anyone Else Not Focused On The Scale?

Options
I only get on the scale once a month! Don't get me wrong... I would love to hit my goal weight of 125 pounds... But to me, that's just a number. I don't want to be obese, I don't want to be overweight... I just want to be "normal". To me, this means looking in the mirror & loving the body I'm in. Even if that means I'm 135 or 140.. Does anybody else feel this way?

Replies

• towsongrad
    Options
    same here!! i really dont like the idea of checking my weight every day..I think its a little obsessive and counterproductive
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    Yes, I don't even own a scale.
    I know how I feel, how my clothes fit, and the state of my energy levels.
    ;)
    Hit it hard! Do your best and forget the rest ;)
  • thea0101
    thea0101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ME!!!! I'm adding you. I don't even have a scale, but I guess I'll weigh myself sometime, although I don't have too much to lose. But I'm monitoring my progress by measuring my waist, tummy, and hips. Also by how I feel in my clothes and how I look in the mirror!

Edit: I just added everyone above me. :-)
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Same way for me. I like to focus on the way my waist is curving in, the way my clothes are fitting and the way I am toning up. I do weigh myself at least once a month... Just to see where I am at.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm not focused on the scale at all, I am actually not really sure what I weigh atm - somewhere around 54 - 57kg I think. But I am focused on lifting heavier things up and running further and faster :) Ultimate anti scale article http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    *wipes forward*.... thanks ladies! I was starting to feel like I was the only one who felt that way... lol. So many people I know check their weight MULTIPLE times a day... That's a disappointment waiting to happen!! Especially for me.
  • jkreed04
    Options
    I would love to lose weight, but i'm doing alot of weight lifting so I know it will be slow going. My clothes have been looser lately though and that's just AWESOME!
  • thea0101
    thea0101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The starting weight I put when I started here (115lbs) was my weight sometime in November. I found a scale in my friend's bathroom and weighed myself. I figured I'd be around there anyway. I also want to weigh myself sometime soon, just to know where I'm at with that. My normal weight has always been around the 96-104lbs range, but I don't mind staying in this weight if I look fitter and the flabs are gone. :-)
  • bgillis7
    bgillis7 Posts: 124
    Options
    i dont own a scale either. i weigh maybe once a month at my sisters house.
    i have been the same since thanks giveing havent lost or gained i guess its a good thing givin the season. but i wish i was lossing something.
    i just want to be happy with my self as well:) and think i look as hot as i use to.
  • snowflakebaby
    Options
    I don't weigh myself on a scale.. I just look in the mirror and I smile when I can see the differences in my body. A scale doesn't help me. People say muscle weighs more than fat, so weighing myself wouldn't make a real difference if I am gaining muscle because it might make me think I am getting fatter when I'm really not...
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i weight once a week
    no presure there

altough i have weight goal its more about cloths size
    now im european 42/44, my goal is 36/38
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    me, me, me!

i do not own a scale :D i am focusing on how i fit into my clothes and how my body looks rather than a number. sure, i'd like to hit 118lbs, but have started a pretty serious strength training program and would rather focus on strength and muscle gains ^_^
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Glad I'm not alone on this one.. Good luck ladies! :flowerforyou: