Losing Weight for Weddings?

Options
I am looking to see if anyone else is looking to lose weight for a wedding day. And I'm not just talking about brides! I've never been married, but this is my 5th time being a bridesmaid (yes, I'll be just 22 dresses from being the next Katherine Heigel). I want to look my best on the day of my friends wedding and not look back at wedding day photos and regret that I hadn't tried harder.

So if your a bride, groom, mother/father-of-the-bride, groomsman, bridesmaid, or just an attendee and have a goal date of a wedding in mind, let me know and perhaps we can start a little support group.

My goal is to lose 25 pounds by August 18th and maintain it (or whichever comes first). I'd also like to decrease my waist by 5 inches.

Anyone else have goals/dates?

Replies

• Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a bridesmaid in February and May and trying to lose weight for both (actually the mother of the bride of the second wedding told me I HAD to lose weight - *****!!!!).

I'm still trying to figure out my goals but definitely looking hot at the weddings is important. In fact the February wedding I am the ONLY single girl at the wedding, which is slightly depressing, so I would at least like to be the hot only single girl :-)
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I don't like setting specific numbers for dates - I tend to never make them. But I am attending a wedding on May 26 and would love to compare photos from that wedding and the two I attended within the last two years and see an improvement.
  • sunshinegirl2012
    Options
    June bridesmaid (: 15 till my gw...plenty of time, but I'm hoping to get there by April and then really focus on toning (esp abs!) feel free to add!
  • vitahill
    vitahill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a wedding to go to in Sept or Oct for one of my closest friends from high school. I want to look my best and that's one of my motivators! I also have a "wedding guest" dress I want to fit back into.
  • alevesque1990
    alevesque1990 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi.. im actually getting ready for two weddings my bestfriends in september.. and my own in october of 2013!!.. thats the big one im trying to lose for because i do not want to have to be limited in choices of dresses for my wedding day when i should have unlimited choices.. and i would love to just feel amazing!! and not get tired on the dance floor! my goal is 100 lbs by that point!! good luck in your weight loss!!.. either way a wedding is the best day.. even if you don't lose the amount of weight you want your body will change and as long as your happy with the way you look there is nothing wrong with what the scale shows..!! i lost six lbs this week and internally i just feel better!! good luck hun!
  • slimmersoon
    slimmersoon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wedding!!!
    I just can't be a marshmellow - I would rather not turn up! Sounds vain but I don't care.
    I'm keeping a blog of my journey www.lessinmydress.blogspot.com
    I love reading this blog for motivation: www.slimmingdownforthegown.blogspot.com

Best of luck ladies!!!
  • jenjen_bride413
    Options
    I am a bride getting married April 13th! So it is NOW or NEVER for me!! So far so good on the diet, and slowly getting into an exercise routine to compliment it. I never thought my motivation would come but the new year hit and now I am determined to get in shape!!

I'm hoping to lose about 15 more lbs and just tone up my arms and back. Like I said I don't have much time so I wanted to set realistic goals for myself. If I work hard until then, I know I can at least say I feel better when the big day arrives.

So here goes nothing! Keeping up the healthy foods and activity! Good luck to the rest of you getting fit for a wedding, whatever your role is!!
  • worthdw8
    Options
    I am getting ready for a wedding that will take place in 2013 in Italy! My beautiful sister-in-law is getting married and I want to look almost as amazing as I am sure she will look. Wouldn't hurt to have my hubby think I look good after 30 years of marriage... LOL. So here we go!
  • Missa_Manta
    Options
    Hello Ladies and congratulations on the big day :)
    I have my a friend from works wedding in Feburary, my best friends wedding in May (after my month long cruise) and my wedding in late 2013. My motivation came to me not after my lovely fiance proposed to me, it was when I realised I couldn't fit my favourite dress and I know if I didn't do something I couldn't wear it to my first event!

Even though my fiance is a personal trainer I managed to get a little out of shape. The worest I have ever looked in 21 years. At first I thought he would alway motivate me but he makes me wanna run away.. Maybe I am a little embarassed! My mum and I are walking every day and keeping each other going, it's our time away from the family. Definatley recommend it!

I am sure everyone will look amazing on the big day.. Again Congratulations!
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine's on Cinco de Mayo! Let's all lose some weight together and look AWESOME!!!! :-) Goo dluck all and add me if you would like
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaid in May! We are ordering our dresses the 29th of Jan and I am feeling the pressure! This is my 2nd week going hard at this whole weight loss thing. I am down 5 lbs but my goal weight is to lose 55 more lbs. I do intense step aerobics MWF and I am looking into something like 30DS to help with the end of this month. I'd really like to lose another 15 lbs by the end of the month.. EEK.. long way to go! ANY LUCK WITH 30 DS? Would you recommend it? Thanks :bigsmile:
  • worthdw8
    Options
    Oh my gosh that M.O.B. should have never said such an awful thing. I am sorry she said that to you and I just hope you are doing this for YOU! You need to know that you are first doing it for you and then for the wedding. I was a Mother of the Bride 2 years ago and would have NEVER thought to say something like that to my daughters bride's maids (well one was pregnant so definately not her). They all looked beautiful and happy so that was all that mattered on that day.

Good luck and you have my support.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards my son's wedding on April 21 so I am mother of the groom! Plus I have been asked to MC the reception - double motivation! And I have already ordered my dress on eBay (first time I've done that) - triple motivation!!!

Really excited that I have already lost 54kg but I would like to get down another 10kg by the big day so lot's more cycling, dancing, walking, swimming and logging for me.

Good luck everyone.
  • Alethea_OnAMission
    Alethea_OnAMission Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey! You are not alone. I am a Maid of Honor in my sisters wedding in June. I need to lose 30 lbs by May (dress fittings begin) so I would love to have my dress taken in a few sizes. I know I can do it! Losing 6 lbs per month for the next 5 months seems a lot easier to achieve vs setting an overall goal of --- lbs. I know I can do it. Just have to stay on track with logging in and tracking my daily workouts.

Good Luck All!
    :happy:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Since I failed miserably to lose any weight for my own wedding in Dec '10, it would be great to lose more than I have already for my sister's in June '12. For some reason my own wedding wasn't motivation enough, and that does make me a little sad looking back at the pictures.

EDIT: that reminds me, she needs measurements for the dress from me asap - luckily though, it's empire line, so if I lose, it's easier to take it :) was designed around possibly bridesmaids pregnancies!
  • xokatelynmariexo
    xokatelynmariexo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My wedding:)

I have a little over 2 yrs (Jan. 18th 2014) and plan on losing a total of 73 lbs.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have my cousin's wedding to go to in February. Hopefully I can maintain the level of fitness I'm at now and not indulge on a doughnut and peanut butter extravaganza.
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a bride and am getting married in April!!! I just want to be able to look at the pictures and not see a fat face and fat arms. I want to look healthy and glowing in my dress. We are having a military wedding so I have set my goal to lose 20 pounds by my wedding!!! You can do it and so can I!!! Good luck!!! You can friend me if you would like!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Im losing weight for my big sisters wedding, in july :)
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 1/3/2013 and want to lose a total of 80 pounds before the wedding. (Hopefully I'd like to lose about half of that before I go dress shopping this summer.)