breakfast please!!!

Options
si_puedo
si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
so this morning i had the most horrible breakfast i've ever had in my LIFE!!!!! eggwhites....i know i must have just done something wrong or i missed something. i've had them before and they've never been this bad....recipes please!!!! how do you have you're eggwhites?

Replies

• ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just make an omelette with it (instead of using whole eggs, I use the egg white).
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites and add lots of fresh veggies like yellow,red, and green bell peppers, tomoatos, spinach, mushrooms, black olives. I sometimes add a lil cheese or meat. I love adding cayenne pepper and/or Mrs Dash for seasoning. I agree tho, they are kinda nasty plain....LOL.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I almost always end up making an omelette out of them as well ~ I often use Costco's egg substitute (it's whites with some charming yellow color), or whip up 4 egg whites. Add a bunch of chopped veggies (all color bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, onions) and some fat free or 2% shredded cheese. Sometimes I'll top it with home made guacamole or salsa. Really loving just tomatoes, 2% shredded cheddar and diced green chilies with a dash of garlic salt right now ~ they just go!

If you're in a hurry, just scramble the egg whites and toss in some spinach and season it with salt/pepper/garlic salt or whatever seasoning you like. Fairly palatable that way. Good luck!:smile:
  • texastango
    Options
    This won't help, but I usually eat them as a snack and hard boil them. If I find a good recipe I'll send it your way.
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh, thx....totally nasty plain....veyr very nasty actually.....
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I cook them on the stovetop and mix with tuna as a replacement for ranch. I'm not that good at eating 'proper' breakfast foods.

You can always go with the tried and true 'nuke that s*** with enough hot sauce to kill an elephant' tactic.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Here is what I had this morning. I just used random things in my fridge. It was very yummy. You could even make it with less calories, carbs and fat if you just change the cheese. Colby jack was the only thing I had in the fridge.

Jennie-O - 95% Fat-Free Turkey Bacon, 3 slice
    Flat Out - Flatbread Light Original Whole Wheat 1, 1 flatbread
    Egg - Hard Boiled Egg (Whole), 1 egg
    Hyvee - Sliced Colby Jack Natural Cheese, 1 slice (21g)

Cals 300
    Carbs 16
    Fat 17
    Protien 29
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat the whole egg and get all the nutrition that's in the yolk? Or find some other breakfast you enjoy?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Lots of cheese and lots of

Sriracha.jpg
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have taken egg whites and added chicken cubes to it before and sometimes some cheese. Then when your done cooking that you can put some salsa on the whole thing. Comes out pretty tasty.
  • julie82070
    julie82070 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have egg whites every morning... and I used to be a cereal addict! I buy the cartons of egg whites because they are just easy. I spray a small bowl with Pam, pour in the egg whites (with salt and pepper) and throw in the microwave for 1 min, 20 seconds. I usually top with salsa. You can also throw in other ingredients before cooking, such as cheese, turkey sausage, veggies, etc. The more stuff, the longer you cook them. You can also make a really easy "egg mcmuffin" type sandwich with them! Cut up chunks of laughing cow cheese is really good in egg whites.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    so this morning i had the most horrible breakfast i've ever had in my LIFE!!!!! eggwhites....i know i must have just done something wrong or i missed something. i've had them before and they've never been this bad....recipes please!!!! how do you have you're eggwhites?

I have mine with the yoke. The yoke is the most nutritious part of the egg.
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Here is what I had this morning. I just used random things in my fridge. It was very yummy. You could even make it with less calories, carbs and fat if you just change the cheese. Colby jack was the only thing I had in the fridge.

Jennie-O - 95% Fat-Free Turkey Bacon, 3 slice
    Flat Out - Flatbread Light Original Whole Wheat 1, 1 flatbread
    Egg - Hard Boiled Egg (Whole), 1 egg
    Hyvee - Sliced Colby Jack Natural Cheese, 1 slice (21g)

Cals 300
    Carbs 16
    Fat 17
    Protien 29

Sounds delicious!!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I mix 3 egg whites one whole egg with about 40grams of oats, quarter a chopped apple and cook it as a bit pancake in coconut oil :) I sometimes add a teaspoon of protein powder for more flavour, but it's my favourite thing to eat :)
  • aliveandwell34
    Options
    I find that not all brands are equal. In fact the only egg whites I like are the original "Egg Beaters" brand. Play around with different brands to find the one you like the best.
  • LiciaHarry
    LiciaHarry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good grief, please eat the yolks. Sure, there's protein in whites, but you need the fat and choline from the yolks.

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

By depriving yourself of the nutrients and cholesterol in egg yolks, you are seriously inhibiting your body's ability to heal. The medical community has misled the public about cholesterol and fats for thirty or forty years, much to the delight of the drug companies. Do the research.
  • Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    Surely the calories from adding the other ingredients to make it taste ok will at least equal the yoke?! I'd just eat the yoke - yum!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Sriracha.jpg

Love this stuff!

I agree....hot and spicy egg whites or I sometimes scramble 3 eggs and only use 1 yolk. Depends on what you can tolerate for taste.
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Sriracha.jpg

ohhhhh I love love loveeeeeee this stuff. almost on anything....
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for egg "cupcakes" - I really just like to call them that!

I got it from here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/skinny-breakfast-recipes.html

tons of awesome ideas, and I made the cupcakes on a Sunday separated out and took 2 each am, only 180 calories...