Heart Rate Monitor

2»

Replies

• andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Very very rude and actually he's right. :):) The wrist HRMs are the worst in terms of accurate readings.
    Should I shut up now?
    I have a mio motiva. LOVE it. Very accurate, not annoying chest strap and reasonably priced. I got mine new on ebay for a great price.

Personally I just use it track my cals for my workouts so it's great for that

Actually without a chest strap the accuracy goes down significantly. With a chest strap, the data is being fed continuously to the watch.. without, it only gets data when you touch the watch... and if you don't touch it that often, then it will base the calorie burn off when you last touched it.. and since heart rate fluctuates a lot, that could be a bad thing.

To OP:
    Timex is awful.. stay away.

Polar really is best.. I just got an FT60 which I love!

Actually. Shut up.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Edited your post cause I'm a girl... not a guy :) Thanks for the support though!

Some people just might not like their lil perfect bubbles burst I guess :)
    Very very rude and actually She's right. :):) The wrist HRMs are the worst in terms of accurate readings.
    Should I shut up now?
    I have a mio motiva. LOVE it. Very accurate, not annoying chest strap and reasonably priced. I got mine new on ebay for a great price.

Actually without a chest strap the accuracy goes down significantly. With a chest strap, the data is being fed continuously to the watch.. without, it only gets data when you touch the watch... and if you don't touch it that often, then it will base the calorie burn off when you last touched it.. and since heart rate fluctuates a lot, that could be a bad thing.

To OP:

Actually. Shut up.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    I wasn't asking anyone about accuracy was it? I actually compared my watch to a chest strap one and they were only off a couple of beats. :)

Sorry. I don't like people's opinions when I don't ask for them and when they don't know what they are talking about,

Maybe SOME non-chest strap watches are wildy off, but not mine.
    Very very rude and actually he's right. :):) The wrist HRMs are the worst in terms of accurate readings.
    Should I shut up now?

To OP:

Actually. Shut up.
  • dad106
    I wasn't asking anyone about accuracy was it? I actually compared my watch to a chest strap one and they were only off a couple of beats. :)

Sorry. I don't like people's opinions when I don't ask for them and when they don't know what they are talking about,

Should I shut up now?

To OP:

Actually. Shut up.

So off by a couple beats means inaccurate basically.. hate to burst the iil bubble you got going on but it's true :)

Plus those few beats, are going to screw the calorie count up.. which is what I referring too in my first reply anyway. Calorie counts with non-chest strap HRM's are going to be more inaccurate then ones with a chest strap.

So no, I won't shut up because I do know what I'm talking about.. and You don't.. Funny how that worked out.

So if you would like to be quiet and stop spreading lies.. that would be great :)
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    I have the Polar FT7 I got from Amazon for about $70. You can find the FT4 for $50-60. The FT7 just has a couple more features, but not necessary ones. I wear my HRM for all exercise and love it. Seems to work well and be fairly accurate. Next I will step up to an FT40 or an FT60 but these are more in the $150 range, but are better yet and have more features.

I have the same and love it!
  • I wasn't asking anyone about accuracy was it? I actually compared my watch to a chest strap one and they were only off a couple of beats. :)

Should I shut up now?

To OP:

Actually. Shut up.

So off by a couple beats means inaccurate basically.. hate to burst the iil bubble you got going on but it's true :)

Plus those few beats, are going to screw the calorie count up.. which is what I referring too in my first reply anyway. Calorie counts with non-chest strap HRM's are going to be more inaccurate then ones with a chest strap.

So no, I won't shut up because I do know what I'm talking about.. and You don't.. Funny how that worked out.

So if you would like to be quiet and stop spreading lies.. that would be great :)

Hahaha, BOOM. Sit the eff down!

Diane, you are correct, chest strap HRM are THE most accurate :)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    I just found this on Amazon does anyone have one
    Polar FT4 Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Bronze)
    Could you please tell em if it is worth the $60
    Do you have the option of choosing what size chest strap you get with that?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I just found this on Amazon does anyone have one
    Polar FT4 Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Bronze)
    Could you please tell em if it is worth the $60
    Do you have the option of choosing what size chest strap you get with that?

The chest strap with the Polar is very adjustable.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Ok...granted I'm new to the HRM thing, but I did get a Timex and so far it's proven antiquate for my needs. I basically just need to know what my HR is while I'm working out on the elliptical machine. The strap syncs up with the elliptical so, even simpler. I guess I'm just not advanced enough to graduate to a Polar yet?
  • dad106
    Ok...granted I'm new to the HRM thing, but I did get a Timex and so far it's proven antiquate for my needs. I basically just need to know what my HR is while I'm working out on the elliptical machine. The strap syncs up with the elliptical so, even simpler. I guess I'm just not advanced enough to graduate to a Polar yet?

No you can.. Esp if you want it to count calories.

Timex is notorious for being awful at estimating calories.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    For the Mio watch, it really depends what type of workout you are doing. I have used both the Mio and the Polar HRM, and have found that the Mio is reliable for both HR and calories if you are doing a steady workout (ie, running, walking, swimming, biking). I found that it did vary when doing intervals, because it is not taking a steady measurment...

But that's just my preference..most people I know do prefer the chest strap - the strap itself just bugs the heck out of me!