Garlic Toast

Options
Falcon
Falcon Posts: 853 Member
I accidentally picked up garlic margarine thinking it was regular margine, but discovered I can my make my own garlic bread at home and cut out quite a few of the calories you would find in restaurants.

2 slices of whole wheat bread toasted low in cals 110
2 tsp of compliment garlic margarine 70 cals

mmmmmmmmmmmm heaven :D

Replies

• Falcon
    Options
    I accidentally picked up garlic margarine thinking it was regular margine, but discovered I can my make my own garlic bread at home and cut out quite a few of the calories you would find in restaurants.

2 slices of whole wheat bread toasted low in cals 110
    2 tsp of compliment garlic margarine 70 cals

mmmmmmmmmmmm heaven :D
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    MMmmmm. Thanks for sharing. I truly believe that garlic is what God created on the 8th day!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    If you're using it for dipping or bruschetta just rub a peeled, cut piece of garlic clove over it when it's hot. Not to much or it will be to strong. Lots of garlic flavor without any extra calories.
  • Falcon
    Options
    margarine as dipping :huh:

I use it to butter the toast but stay within the recommended dosage.

I've been falling short on the calorie count in the last couple of weeks so I could use all the calories I can get at the moment
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    margarine as dipping :huh:

I use it to butter the toast but stay within the recommended dosage.

I've been falling short on the calorie count in the last couple of weeks so I could use all the calories I can get at the moment

Sorry, thoughts in my head don't always come out when I type:laugh: I meant dipping your bread in sauces or soups.
    That's great that you have the extra calories and can use them up with butter/marg to have yummy garlic bread! Enjoy a piece for me!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Wha????

I have never heard of garlic margarine.:love:

I usually use ICBINB lite and garlic powder but always have a hard time getting the garlic powder ratios right. Sometimes I put too much, sometimes too little.

I'll hafta BOLO for this margarine. Yum!