Is 40mins Cross-Trainer enough for a day?

Options
Is 40mins Cross-Trainer enough for a day? 5 days a a week?

Hi guys, I am 5'2, weigh about 71kgs (which is i think in pounds 160pounds) and for now i just started exercising which is only 35 to 40mins of cross trainer while I'm watching some T.V programme at home.

I tried 30 day shred but i only end up bored doing it but i like cross trainer but when i do cross trainer half of the time I'm not sweating and when I'm not sweating i feel like I'm not working hard enough.

My goal is to be at least 55kg by first of August but i feel that when I'm doing only cross-trainer, it feels like its not enough but at the same time i guess I'm just lazy to do another work out.

Like i said if i am not sweating, I feel like i didn't do anything or lost any calories even though on the cross trainer it shows calorie burned.

Replies

• jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    You need to be switching up your workouts more. Doing the same thing every day will work the same parts. You'll get good at doing that one thing but you'd notice if you went to do something else like real jogging you'd probably have a hard time. Eventually you'll want to add in some weights too.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    40 mins of high intensity exercise is way different than 40 mins of light exercise. so it all depends on how hard you hit it? I assume you mean the ellipitcal machine when you refer to cross trainer.

Like any exercise to effectively burn calories you need to up the intensity and your heart rate. The elliptical is good to burn calories, and 40 mins is good enough. But remember, when you do this often enough for a long enough time period your body will adjust and begin to become very efficient at that workout. Its always good to switch things up every few months.