Frozen chocolate chips

Options
I don't know if anyone else does this, but I have found that it really helps with chocolate cravings. I like to get a bag of chocolate chips and put it in the freezer. Whenever I'm craving chocolate, I only allow myself about 10 chocolate chips. It's just enough to calm the craving, and the fact that they are frozen makes them take a little longer to chew (allowing me to indulge in my snack). It's a lot healthier than getting a candy bar, too (especially since I usually end up going for Milky Ways or Snickers, and getting more than just the chocolate).

Oh, and I also keep them on hand for whenever I get a migraine. Sometimes, they have just enough caffeine to help ease some of the headache.

Replies

• alliegator1215
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else does this, but I have found that it really helps with chocolate cravings. I like to get a bag of chocolate chips and put it in the freezer. Whenever I'm craving chocolate, I only allow myself about 10 chocolate chips. It's just enough to calm the craving, and the fact that they are frozen makes them take a little longer to chew (allowing me to indulge in my snack). It's a lot healthier than getting a candy bar, too (especially since I usually end up going for Milky Ways or Snickers, and getting more than just the chocolate).

Oh, and I also keep them on hand for whenever I get a migraine. Sometimes, they have just enough caffeine to help ease some of the headache.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I had a friend who would freeze the swirls (white/dark chocolate chips) and your right about them killing a sweet tooth.

Thanks because I had forgotten all about this.
  • tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wow thats something I never thought of I always have chocolate cravings that time of the month and I been trying to refrain from chocolate next time I have my menstrual I am going to try that
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    wow thats something I never thought of I always have chocolate cravings that time of the month and I been trying to refrain from chocolate next time I have my menstrual I am going to try that

I think we should just put pressure onthe health care industry to make the monthly cycle go away until we either want a baby or when we just need a reason to say no to sex! :laugh: