Breakfast...

Options
2»

Replies

• Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    BREAK FAST!
    Your breaking your fast. I don't see BREAK7am in there. Do you.

The only problem I see is in your eating window your not eating enough. Plan for your meals and consume more nutrients.

I work out fast everyday. But I am sos o so so weak. Well accept for this morning I benched close to double my body weight. I wonder how I did that?? I didn't eat for 13 hours. UGH. ok that was sarcastic
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    I personally think within the first hour of being up you should eat something whether you want it or not. It's just the fact of keeping your metabolism going and is very important if you are wanting to drop weight. You've been sleeping for 6-8 hours or more and your system needs something to fire it back up. Grab a handful of almonds or eat that cereal bar a little early. Or even better drink a protein shake ;)

Yo Raider. Thats incorrect. However I thought that for a very very long time. I started weightlifting at about 13. I stoked that meto for a long time!!!!! The moment I found out that it wasn't true I felt so much tension realized from my eating rituals. If I over ate at a meal I would get down. If I missed the 2-3.5 hour window I would get down. Wow a Waste of time. lost 20% BF this yr minimum and haven't had breakfast since MAY
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, don't eat. It's as simple as that! I usually get by until lunch time with a cup of coffee, but lately have been eating a light breakfast (under 200 cal) and honestly it doesn't tide me over much more than the coffee would

As long as you're eating the calories you're needing to during the day, I say skip it! Everyone's body has different metabolism and treats calories different. If it's working then don't sweat it. It's if you're not getting anywhere and skipping breakfast that I would start thinking about a change. :)
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I personally think within the first hour of being up you should eat something whether you want it or not. It's just the fact of keeping your metabolism going and is very important if you are wanting to drop weight. You've been sleeping for 6-8 hours or more and your system needs something to fire it back up. Grab a handful of almonds or eat that cereal bar a little early. Or even better drink a protein shake ;)

Yo Raider. Thats incorrect. However I thought that for a very very long time. I started weightlifting at about 13. I stoked that meto for a long time!!!!! The moment I found out that it wasn't true I felt so much tension realized from my eating rituals. If I over ate at a meal I would get down. If I missed the 2-3.5 hour window I would get down. Wow a Waste of time. lost 20% BF this yr minimum and haven't had breakfast since MAY

Interesting...I too started trying to follow this when I started lifting weights years ago. I still will throw down a few nuts or a quick snack when I can inbetween meals whether I'm hungry or not. Thanks for the tip and I do see several agreeing with this now that I've researched a bit ;)
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i never was a breakfast person. since last year when i started with a trainer they stressed the importance to eat that meal. i did research on it too and it seemed to me i should figure out a way to eat breakfast. i figured it this way-- i was fat and needed to lose weight and my way wasnt working so i gave it a try. i do it faithfully now . i feel way better. ive lost a ton of weight and my body now looks forward to it too . its a nice way to fuel up in the morning and its healthy. some days i do force myself to eat something but knowing how important it is i do it. you dont necessarily have to have a tradtional breakfast .. there are times i eat a sandwich or a piece of chicken and sometimes a protein shake. i usually have plain oatmeal and and egg white omelet with no cheese now because its habit
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    To me breakfast is just a waste of calories. It doesnt help weight loss from a biological standpoint, it doesnt kickstart metabolism, etc. All it may do it help you to make better choices later on.
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    I love the "people who skip breakfast are obese"
    No ppl who skip breakfast are bad planners and grab a donut and chocolate milk at 10:30

If you plan your meals and calories you can eat all day long or eat once a day. Whatever floats your boat
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    you eat too much before bed
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    the book skinny ***** says don't eat till your hungry. If your body isn't sending out hunger signals first thing in the morning its because its not done its work ( all the healing and repairing and digesting your body does at night)
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    i work nights and find i have 2 breakfasts lol.... one carby to get me thru the shift and one in the morning before bed high in protein :)
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    you eat too much before bed

I consume about 700 cals min during low cal days before bed. Wake up and me belly flat!