ready to be 40 and fab instead of 40 and flab.

Options
I need all the friends and support I can get so please add me. My name is Lara and I have had gastric bypass about 10 years ago now. After having 3 kids, I am quite flabby again. Now I have to do this the old fashioned way but it is sooooo hard and being older doesn't help at all. I will be normal weight by losing about 25 pounds but I would like to lose about 35 to 40 lbs so I can gain and lose a few without getting depressed about being overweight again. My battle is hunger. I eat very healthy, love veggies and fish and do not eat meat or bread (nothing with gluten in it including pasta). My main weakness is rice and hating the feeling of being hungry. I think calories of any sort is bad. I have already retrained my brain to crave the good stuff, now I just have to stop eating so damn much. Grrr I hate this. I would love to connect with anyone who wants to connect and share on the daily basis for support. Let's do this together :).

Replies

• CenlaCoach
    Options
    You can add me if you like. A couple of things that I did to help me when I started was cut out all grains and eat plenty of protein. I had learned that atleast 2/3 of all your carb calories should come from fruits and veggies. So early on for me this meant totally cutting out bread, rice, pasta, and corn. Now when I do eat things it is limited to whole grains, brown rice, brown rice pasta. I also mentioned protein because this will help you stay fuller longer and help you maintain lean muscle to keep your metabolism up to burn that extra fat.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I added you! :). I also gave up on bread and gluten a year ago and do minimal amounts of fast acting carbs. The last couple days I have done none and will probably do so till I am down to the weight that I need to be. I have been losing slowly since taking away bread, but it was a little too slowly so I want to speed things up a little bit now. This time will be my last for sure. I actually eat super healthy, it is just portion size that is my problem. I am not used to calorie counting but since I have been doing this over the past few days, I see how imporant knowing how much you put into your body (be it veggies or anything else for that matter) is. I used to think that if it was healthy it was ok to eat a ton of it. But I see now that it is all calories. Some days are much harder than others to control. I just need to keep with the counting and then I should be alright. My body thinks being stuffed is being full. I have to retrain it to accept smaller amounts. The hugest battle in my opinion is over though since I am no longer eating my biggest weakness which was bread. I see a similar weakness with rice but not quite the same. I also get really high blood sugar and then crash after I eat rice so that is a sign I have to listen too unfortunately. Best to stay on fiber pills till all the weight is gone and slowly add rice and potatoes in moderation once I am down to where I want to be.