WTF!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mjhp0903
    mjhp0903 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. We all have our ups and downs.
  • FRCobaugh
    Options
    I go up and down all the time and I stick to my diet pretty good. It is natural. Weigh yourself everyday at the same time. I always do right when I wake up (after I go pee). Remember that you could be retaining water weight from your menstral cycle too.
    Muscle weighs more than fat. You could be losing the pudge but gaining muscle! =) Dont stress it! keep going!
    I go online and watch videos for inspiration when I feel down. Good luck
  • Demwitted
    Demwitted Posts: 163
    Options
    I weigh every day because it is easier to see when fluctuations are just fluctuations, not an actual gain. If you weigh at the gain for several days in a row, it could be a gain. If it is a fluctuation, it will probably go down in a few days. Don't take this approach if it will stress you out.... it sounds like it might. We put so much emphasis on the scale, but the healthy lifestyle and how you feel are so much more important. Are you feeling better? If so, you are doing it right even if the scale isn't moving or is creeping in the wrong direction. Try to take stock of other health benefits you are experiencing to keep things in perspective. Are you craving junk less? Are you sleeping better? Does it take you longer to get winded? Is your normal walking pace faster than it was before? These are some things that happened to me when I started making an effort with my health. Even though the scale wasn't moving as quickly as I'd like, I was still making a noticeable difference to my fitness and well-being.

Also, take your measurements weekly in addition to weighing. Does the scale matter if your clothes fit better and you are losing inches?

If you really want to weigh every day, consider these tips:
    Use the same scale every time.
    Try to wear about the same weight of clothing (no clothing works best because it usually weighs exactly the same day to day).
    Whether or not you've had a BM matters.
    When you ate most recently matters.
    Whether you are one your TOM matters.
    If you are not drinking enough water, you will retain it and weigh more.
    If you just drank a big glass of water and it hasn't passed through your system yet, you will weigh more.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I go up and down all the time and I stick to my diet pretty good. It is natural. Weigh yourself everyday at the same time. I always do right when I wake up (after I go pee). Remember that you could be retaining water weight from your menstral cycle too.
    Muscle weighs more than fat. You could be losing the pudge but gaining muscle! =) Dont stress it! keep going!
    I go online and watch videos for inspiration when I feel down. Good luck

It's extremely difficult to gain even 0.5lbs of muscle in a week. Most regular people (we're talking a few gym sessions, eating right but nothing too intensive) can attain about 1lb muscle *a month* through training. If you're seeing a gain of a pound or two over a day or so, it's definitely NOT muscle but probably water (from increased sodium, hormones, swollen muscles after a hard workout etc.). Weigh again in 3-4 days, watch your sodium until then, drink plenty of water.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I used to be obsessed with the scale. would have a mini OMG moment every time the scale didn't move after i had spent hours working my butt off (literally)..I finally decided that obsessing over a number was NOT going to help me..it was only going to discourage me so i avoid the scale. I focus on my workouts, eating has healthy as i can, stay within my Calorie range, and everything else will work itsself out. I say this alot, but I would rather lose inches than lbs any day!

You're doing great! You decided to post here with your frustrations and ask for support instead of giving up. that in itsself is a huge accomplishment.

Don't let it getcha down! :)
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Even the healthiest, thinnest, never-been-overweight-a-day-in-their life person will have weight fluctuations. It's a marathon, not a sprint.