Fiber One Bars

Options
13»

Replies

• jkuder_1
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie bars are really great. I love the Oats & Chocolate and the Oats & Peanut Butter ones! Enjoy!
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Agreed...not everyone has the time or the "healthy" constant push to "make" everything they eat. Sometimes you need something fast and Fiber One bars are a nice way to hold you until you can get a good meal.

They don't take that much time and we have the time to do these things, most just chooses not too make the time and take the easy way out and continue buying the things that are not good for us.

I don't get it. I thought the whole goal for most is to get healthier and lose some weight along the way. I guess the main focus is purely just to lose weight no matter if what a person is eating is really healthy for them or not. SMH

I cook from scratch probably 95-98% of the time. I am busy with family, full time job, full time school, 2 dogs, working out and run a part time business.

I still have time to make sure my family eats natural and healthy.

passive agressive much?
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i <3 chocolate with almond bars- I used to get them over the summer, crush them up, and put them in vanilla yogurt (an awesome chocolate-y granola type snack)
  • caramia311
    caramia311 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The reason people are recommending staying away from processed fiber products (aka "junk") is that most of these products, like the fiber one bar, are able to boast about being high in fiber because they are high in inulin, which doesn't provide the same feeling of fullness or reductions to blood sugar as other forms of naturally-occurring fiber and is not in and of itself healthy.

While Fiber One bars likely won't hurt your health, you are better off eating natural foods that are high in fiber. Grab an apple if you are short on time.
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For us It would be Chocolate Fudge Brownies and Oats & Peanut Butter. Might have to try making my own this weekend.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Agreed...not everyone has the time or the "healthy" constant push to "make" everything they eat. Sometimes you need something fast and Fiber One bars are a nice way to hold you until you can get a good meal.

They don't take that much time and we have the time to do these things, most just chooses not too make the time and take the easy way out and continue buying the things that are not good for us.

I don't get it. I thought the whole goal for most is to get healthier and lose some weight along the way. I guess the main focus is purely just to lose weight no matter if what a person is eating is really healthy for them or not. SMH

I cook from scratch probably 95-98% of the time. I am busy with family, full time job, full time school, 2 dogs, working out and run a part time business.

passive agressive much?

No, I am not passive aggressive. I speak the truth because it needs to be told. I get really tired of hearing and reading all of these excuses, when they are just that. Excuses.

Do you really think people haven't always been busy? Well yes, they have and before all of these made up frankenfoods, they made things from scratch.

That is why there is an obesity epidemic in this country and around the world. Everyone wants the easy way out.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options

passive agressive much?

No, I am not passive aggressive. I speak the truth because it needs to be told. I get really tired of hearing and reading all of these excuses, when they are just that. Excuses.

Do you really think people haven't always been busy? Well yes, they have and before all of these made up frankenfoods, they made things from scratch.

That is why there is an obesity epidemic in this country and around the world. Everyone wants the easy way out.

Bravo to you!! You are clearly a better person that all of us. I here by award you a cape for your super-ness! The OP was not asking for a lecture or a sermon on "cleaner" eating... And yes, the bars have some things in them that are not best... HOWEVER... just as much as you are tried of people that are "making excuses", I am tired of those that are self righteous... there is no room for pedestals here!
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options

^^This. We also live a very busy lifestyle and always make time to cook our own stuff, 90-95% of the time. You have to commit and make time. Our health is our number one priority.

Ingedients: Hydrogenated coconut oil, high maltose corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup? No thanks.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I like the 90 cal choc and peanutbutter but more than one a day and it does give me cramps/gas.

having said that, i just bought a box of the 90 cal brownies and they are really good and no gas/cramping issue.

Yeah, maybe they dont have the worlds best ingredients in them but for me its all about calories in, calories out.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The caramel coconut fudge ones taste like Girl Scout Samoa(s) cookies!

Those are the FiberPlus bars, but I LOVE them!!!!