Do you treat/reward yourself??

Options
2»

Replies

• mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    A daily reward for eating good is a nice hot bath with lavender.

I just reached a small victory (out of the 400# club) so I think my reward is going to be a new outfit.

My ultimate reward when meet my goal is a new tattoo :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My treat for losing 10lbs is going to be a pedicure. My feet are killing me from all of this exercise!

Something you might want to try, if you can, is competing with your husband for cash. I did that before and it worked great. He also was less likely to eat stuff in front of me that I want!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I think you are the right track about treating yourself with shopping when you've reached a milestone. I may have to borrow this excuse to spend more money! haha
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    definitely! I got myself a new coach bag when I lost ten. havent decided what twenty will be yet. but i have been doing a lot of shopping instead of using food. pedicures, new hair cut, massage etc all of those work.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I should have mini goal rewards, but I don't... well... I don't plan ahead for them that is... I do look at the scale and think, 'oh wow, I've lost 20lbs, I'll reward myself, I'll go buy some new clothes" though. lol. But my big reward when I get down to my goal size... I have a friend that just graduated with a degree in fashion design, I"m going to have her make me a beautiful, one shoulder strapped red gown... that I will wear on a cruise to Brazil that I'm saving for :)
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. When I do I make sure those rewards will encourage me to keep working... a new pair of running shoes, a new pair of headphones, more dumbbells, that sort of thing. Rewarding myself with food (at least with crappy food) doesn't work for me.

^^^ This, more w/out equipment is my reward :)

Russ
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I haven't really thought about any sort of incremental goals (mostly because I don't have that much to actually lose, it's more about feeling fitter and more positive about my body. And I feel like that should be reward enough)

Same here. Now you have me thinking! I try to avoid buying clothes because my closet is only 12" wide and triangular. But a new pair of shoes, perhaps. I hate shoe shopping and keep getting the same old ones repaired.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I've set myself "mini" goals for every 10kg lost. For the first 10kg, I'll get myself a Kindle. I'm hoping to get there by March because my friend can bring me the US Kindle with the touch screen then. We only get the one without a touch screen here - AND it's more expensive!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've never had any rewards or anything for my weight loss, just losing the weight and getting healthier has been my reward to myself. However, once I get to my goal weight (only 6 more pounds to go!), and am able to maintain it for awhile, I will get myself some new clothes. Everything I wear now is either from Salvation Army store, garage sales or clearance racks. I'm too cheap/thrifty to spend a ton on clothes, but I would like some new stuff that fits good.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have to treat myself to some pizza and beer every week or so or I'd never make it lol :P I usually keep a record of when my cheat day last was and make sure I go at least a week before my next one ;)

I do like how some of you are treating yourself to other stuff at certain weight loss goals though....nice idea :)
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    when I hit my goal of 5lbs lost, I'm getting my hair and nails done :)
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i don't have set rewards, but when i've gone to the gym consistently for a stretch, or not cheated for over a week, i'll buy myself a little gift of something i've been wanting, aiming for a non-food purchase. just yesterday i got myself a tiny terrarium i've been eyeing for a few weeks. it feels good to get a reward!