Hi! I'm new and need motivation buddies

Options
Hi there! I'm a 38 year old wife and mother of 2 active children. I grew up thin with a really fast metabolism, but with childbirth and getting older and more sedentary, I've packed on extra pounds in all the wrong areas. I'm small framed, but 5'5", so any weight that I gain is around my middle, hips and face. There are ladies who weigh 30 pounds more than I do but look fantastic because they carry it throughout their frame instead of looking "pregnant" like I do sometimes. It's very irritating. I lost weight and because fit again about 5 years ago, but didn't maintain it and the weight came back over time with a vengeance. I've rejoined the gym and have been working out during lunch and watching my calorie intake for the past 3 weeks. I've not seen much difference in the scale but I am noticing a difference in my middle (just a little bit), so I am not giving up! I'm looking for a few motivation buddies to keep myself in check. If you are serious about weight loss, hit me up!

Replies

• hollyjo21
    Options
    I could use the same motivation, I am 30 and the mother of four (two being my step children 10 and 12) and the other two are 1 and 3. They keep me very busy but since the birth of my youngest I have seemed to gain weight very easy. I really need to lose about 30lbs... I have a eliptical and 5lb hula hoop that I have been using. I just need to stick with it this time and get all this extra weight off!!!!
  • booncey
    booncey Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I bought one of those hula hoops and I think it is only 2.5 lbs, but it hurts just a little. I am love hula hooping though and actually won tickets to a NBA basketball game by hula hooping once...but again, that was during my "fitter" times :)