Entering your food daily really works!

Options
izerop
izerop Posts: 69 Member
Greetings everyone, I think the title of this thread speaks for itself. I lost over 25 lbs on this site last year... stopped using it for ~4 months and gained 20lbs back. Wow. Entering your food daily really works! I am back to stay this time... I simply cannot trust myself. It's going to take years for me to get the weight off and keep it off. Anyone else have this experience?

One of my life long goals is to run a marathon. I was on track to do this last year (up to 5 mile runs, etc), I don't know what happened, or why I stopped. Anyway, I am back again, hopefully to stay.

Replies

• ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I agree with you this tracking food does work!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Hello (:
    Good luck!
    Tracking does help. 2 years tracking everything, my mom lost over 100lbs. (:
    I've always wanted to run a marathon too, twisted my ankle when I was 12 & I haven't been able to run for long periods of time since then. I'm sure you'll get there though! (:
  • izerop
    Options
    Thanks all, totally agree, it worked for me, and I am sure if I can stick with it, it will work again.

Sorry about your ankle, I had knee surgery in 2006. I know it is hard, but you can overcome. I have never been the same, but after some physical therapy, and years of healing I am able to run long distances again.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Thank you (:
    Not sure what steps I would need to take. But the encouraging words help.
    If you ever need any support or anything. I'd be more than happy to help you out (:
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have used other tracking website's (Spark people) before and never really got on the wagon with it. I've always thought keeping track of exercise and what you're putting into your body was a good thing to do just never had the push or drive to really take it serious. This time I put it on paper and told a few close friends - that 2012 will be the year I put my foot down and actually make a diary or a food journal. (I suppose I needed to write it in stone and have friends be on my back about it - to have the motivation to follow through).

I found MFP primarily because I was going through all the apps on my new android phone I got for Christmas. I have tracked everything for 5 days straight so far, and I'm really happy about that.

Similar to a lot of people it seems.. I also would like to successfully complete a run/marathon. As I am not a "runner" - more of a beginner -if you will. I decided a small goal will be best for me to start with. For the rest of the year I'm tracking and sticking to my fitness Regimen to sign up and complete a 5 km charity run.

I'm pretty stoked about this, and feel 2012 will be a great year and I'm sure you will be able to complete your marathon and keep on tracking .. :)
  • pjeyapalan
    Options
    It really does work. I have been keeping track of my food since Dec of 2011 and have lost 18 pounds and as of Dec 23rd I have been working out and its nice to see how much you worked out and how much you ate. Keeping track also makes you feel accountable on what you eat.
  • london46
    Options
    It really make me look at what I'm eating everyday wonderful tool...
  • pjeyapalan
    Options
    It really does work. I have been keeping track of my food since Dec of 2011 and have lost 18 pounds and as of Dec 23rd I have been working out and its nice to see how much you worked out and how much you ate. Keeping track also makes you feel accountable on what you eat. I am also amazed to see how much calories does some of the snacks have. Never knew Ranch Dressing packed so much calories. I always use to eat salad with a cup of dressing, cheese, crutons and ham and was wondering why I never lost weight.
  • izerop
    Options
    Ranch dressing is the worst, sucks because I love ranch! There are other good dressings out there. My favorite is balsamic vinaigrettes! Very tasty. 2Tbps = 90 cals, thats plenty to go around! http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-kraft-foods-balsamic-vinaigrette-dressing-i98929
  • EmIsabel
    Options
    When It comes to salads. I love when the dressing is mixed in and flavor is everywhere. I know that dressing is high calorie, especially the way I love making them. Now I try to just add Pepper and have vinaigrette's on the side (Balsamic, Italian). It seems to work when you dip your fork then take a fork full of salad.

I still do use creamy dressings sometimes but I dilute it with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a tiny bit of skim milk. :)
  • EmIsabel
    Options
    Sorry didn't mean to have that posted twice.
  • JBorg039
    Options
    I agree that counting does take you somewhere. What I found frustrating is having to calculate everything from the start once my body changed, thank god I found a calorie calculator which does that for me at http://www.fatcuda.com