'Calorie tracker'

Options
Does anyone use something to track how many calories they burn during the day? I am guessing right now how many calories I am burning but I would like a more acurate number. Which ones do you use? Do you like it? Do you use it all the time? Thanks!

Replies

• Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Is this the sort of thing you are thinking of?
  • luckystar8131
    Options
    Um, i dunno. That looks just like a pedometer. i have heard about something called a body bug. This can't track your heartrate at all which is really how you would figure out how many calories you burn. Or am I wrong? I'm new to this working out thing so I dunno.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Well i use the fitbit to track my general activity levels throughout the day which might be overkill but im a geek and its a gadget <3

It knows your height / weight and stride along with info about altitude so it knows if you are walking / running uphill etc, its quite accurate but you are right, its just doing a fancy calculation not actually reading my heart rate.

For actual proper exercise such as a long hill walk / cycling or whatever i use a Polar FT4 HRM which is a chest strap job to measure heart rate etc and log the calories from that.

I have heard of the body-bug, but couldn't comment as i have never seen one.