Chicken Recipes 400 or Less?

Options
niki23poet
niki23poet Posts: 36 Member
Looking for some recipes for chicken breasts that are 400 calories or less. I've used what feels like a billion websites, even one called www.400caloriesorless.com which is great actually, but I dont want to search for 2 hours. Ideas/suggestions?

Replies

• dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    3/4 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
    1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
    1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
    1/3 cup plain yogurt
    1/4 teaspoon dill weed
    2 whole pita breads
    1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
    Directions
    In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, mustard and oregano; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, dill and remaining garlic; cover and refrigerate until serving.
    Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken for 7-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon onto each pita bread. Top with yogurt mixture and onion; fold in half. Yield: 2 servings.

Nutritional Analysis: 1 gyro equals 367 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
  • dr_tina
    Options
    INGREDIENTS
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 1/4 pounds), trimmed and tenders removed
    3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    3/4 cup dry white wine
    1 medium shallot, minced
    4 fresh apricots, pitted and chopped
    2 tablespoons apricot preserves
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon , or 1/2 teaspoon dried
    PREPARATION
    Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with a rolling pin, meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off excess. (Discard any leftover flour.)
    Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm. (If necessary, cook the chicken in two batches with an additional 1 tablespoon oil.)
    Off the heat, add wine and shallot to the pan. Return to medium heat and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Add apricots and cook until the fruit begins to break down, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in preserves, tarragon and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Return the chicken to the pan and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve the chicken with the sauce.
    NUTRITION
    Per serving: 252 calories; 5 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 66 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 517 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
    Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (15% daily value).
    Carbohydrate Servings: 1
    Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 lean meat
  • dr_tina
    Options
    Mexican Chicken Soup
    By Tina Caudill in Healthy and Easy Meal Recipes! · Edit Doc · Delete
    3-4 chicken breasts
    4 medium tomatoes (diced)
    1 large onion (diced)
    3-5 peppers (depending on your likes, we use poblanos, red, jalepeno, and/or anaheim)
    1 can of pinto beans
    1 small bag of frozen corn
    cilantro (half cup)
    1 lime (juiced)
    cumin (2 Tbsp)
    1 jar of Pace Salsa Verde (or your favorite)
    3 cups chicken stock (or enough to fill up your crock pot)
    salt and pepper to taste
    (hot sauce, optional=we like Cholula)

Put chicken in bottom of crock pot, add all the rest of the ingredients and stir
    Cook on low for 8-10 hours in crock pot
    Shred up chicken with a fork in the crock pot when done, should stred very easily
    You can add rice to it when it is done also

Freezes very well and extremely healthy and flavorful
  • dr_tina
    Options
    sorry, did not post the names of the first two:

1) chicken gyros
    2) Apricot chicken
  • suze4314
    Options
    I have a really good recipe for chicken tacos that is super easy!

1 lb of chicken breasts
    1 1/2 cups salsa (I always use the Walmart brand garlic and lime salsa)
    1 1/2 cups chicken broth

Mix the broth and salsa together in a skillet. Bring to a boil and then add the chicken breasts. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 90 minutes. Remove the chicken from the liquid and shred. Then I add back most (if not all) of the liquid.

I use the Mission brand extra thin yellow corn tortillas or hard taco shells. Top with veggies, fat free cheese or sour cream.

Makes 10 tacos and 1 taco is about 120 to 130 calories. So 3 would be about 400 calories. They are really good (even according to my boyfriend who says he hates my "diet food").
  • suze4314
    Options
    Just thought of another one =). Not sure what to call it, but it's super simple.

2 4 oz chicken breasts
    1/4 cup fat free Italian salad dressing

Marinade the chicken in the salad dressing overnight. Put the chicken (with the marinade) in a baking dish, salt and pepper both sides and bake at 350.

One chicken breast is about 230 calories. I love it with cubed sweet potatoes baked in a tiny bit of butter and salt and pepper. Comes in right around 400 calories.