Those that do paleo/primal?

Options
I know we don't need to count calories but for those that do what are your calorie range? Do you still go by what MFP says and just change you macros? I love eating this way I feel a ton better, I tried eating good carb foods like brown rice and oatmeal, whole wheat noodles for two weeks and I had the worse gut pain ever. But I think I am at to many calories just want to keep that in check for a while. Thanks

Replies

• bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Some days I watch my calories and some days I don't. I definitely watch what I am eating in terms of making sure I have protein, fat, and a veg. Then I look at how I felt that day, was I hungry a lot or not. Needless to say, lately I tend to be in the 1200-1600 calorie range. I do have some days here and there that are close to 2000 which is a lot for me.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    what are the macros for paleo? what do you all put on here? how many grams of fat, carbs, protein... or what percentages? just curious because i am thinking of trying it
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I do watch calories, b/c they do count. The macros count the most for health reasons, but the calories count when it comes to weight loss. If you ate 3000 calories of bacon and eggs everyday you wouldn't lose any weight! I found a good number for my protein, 1 lb per every pounds of lean body weight (mines 120)(if you know your bodyfat % you can find this out), select how many carbs I want to eat. I think I keep mine under 75, and make the rest fat. I used my HRM and wore it for 24 hours to get an idea of how many calories I burn in a typical day. It was like 2600 or something like that. To lose 1 lb a week, I would deduct 500 per day, to lose 2 lb's per week i would deduct 1,000 (1600 calores left) me personally, I'm aiming for 3 lbs a week to begin with so I am at a 1200 calorie diet along with exercise.

I hope all of that made sense!