30 day shred - daily or every other day

Options
just started jillian michaels 30 day shred yesterday level 1. i havent worked out in 3 years and it kicked my butt.

should i be doing it every day or every other day. i dont do any other work out unless it is just walking or jogging around the park

Replies

• Emery313
    Options
    I think you should try to do it everyday. I also just did it yesterday and it kicked by butt!! However she even says in the video if this is your 6th or 7th day your probably feeling stronger. I want to get to that point and im sure you do too. Stick with it girl! Even if you do have to stop for a few secs during the video , its better than not attempting it at all. You can do it!!
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I try to do the workout everyday. Keep trying and you will see improvement. I could barely make it through the first session, but now I'm on day 7 and I can see so much improvement! Good luck!!!
  • ShrinkingSusan
    ShrinkingSusan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try to do it everyday. On my first day, I thought I was going to die or at least pass out and vomit. I just finished day 7 and it really does get better everyday. I am really out of shape and if I can do it, I think anybody can.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    In jillian micheal's podcast, she says it's meant to include rest days. I didn't do it every day and saw great results. I'm now doing a hybrid of ripped in 30 and p90X WITH rest days once a week and I am still seeing great results.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I suggest every other day to mix things up. But on your off days maybe do more strength or something else you enjoy. It's got to get boring doing the same video everyday. that's why I have at least 20 different options.
  • lookitsbecc
    lookitsbecc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 today and thought I was going to die. I loved feeling like I'd really pushed myself though and I'm proud I didn't give up. I'm 20 and have NEVER worked out before, 100lbs over weight and I'll be trying to do it everyday. I've got a 5 month old so sometimes it's just not possible for 30 minutes un-interrupted work out time.
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 today and thought I was going to die. I loved feeling like I'd really pushed myself though and I'm proud I didn't give up. I'm 20 and have NEVER worked out before, 100lbs over weight and I'll be trying to do it everyday. I've got a 5 month old so sometimes it's just not possible for 30 minutes un-interrupted work out time.

im 25 and have 4 kids 2 of which are home with me all day, my 2 year old and 4 month old so yes it is hard to get work outs in with them being completely un interupted. i know what you mean. hopefully i can get them done during nap times. thats normally cleaning time but oh well a clean house or healthy mom i choose healthy mom
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day Shred with a rest day each week and saw results. I'm thinking of doing it again every other day just to mix it up.
  • run_panda_run
    run_panda_run Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started doing it every day. Did it kick my butt? For sure. Was I sore afterward? You bet. But I kept at it and now at day 4 I'm already starting to feel better!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Every day, but take a rest day every once in a while.
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i dont know your fitness level but for me...and mine is fairly low, doing it everyday would probably make me burn out and then stop 1/2 way through. I've been doing it every other day and I think that has been helping me recover after one of her sessions. I know that i'm no where near the shape/fitness of her and the girls on that video, so i'm just taking my time and then moving on to what feels right for me. her 30 day shred may be my 45 or 60.. who knows. right now though, my plan is to do 2 weeks at level 1, every other day and then boost up to level 2 for a week or so and then finally level 3. i'm just taking it day by day.

just listen to your body. if you're dreading it and you're aching going into it, its probably best to do it every other.
  • Salexan13
    Options
    I started on Sunday and was soooo sore yesterday that I quit lol. I've attempted 30 day shred 3 times but I'd rather go to the gym and run on a treadmill. I'm 20 and only I weigh 143 but that workout is too much for me.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i did it every day with a rest day in between levels. I saw some results but not much, a inch from my hips and thighs and a 1.5 off my belly and only 2 lbs. Level 3 was really hard! I liked level 2 the best. I am going to re do the entire video again as i hope it keeps working on losing some inches for me. I felt so much stronger after 6 days, it felt good! I can see some of the results on me a bit, not as much as i hoped for though.....
  • midnightland
    midnightland Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week and I'm doing two days shred and then a day out walking with a rest day during the week as well. I just finished my third day of the shred and I can already see some improvements. I lasted longer throughout each one of the exercises that were the hardest for me on day one and I didn't once thing about getting up and shutting the tv off. Proud moment right there :)
  • LiamBartlett2013
    Options
    I'm doing it everyday
    I jog 3 times a week, weight train 3 times a week and
    Swim once a week yet the shred destroyed me in the first
    Few days.
    I'm on level 2 tomorrow and everyone says its hard but so was
    Level 1 at first
    No pain no gain
  • kristygeee
    Options
    I've been taking rest days and I've still been noticing changes, it's just taking a little longer.
    I work a crazy schedule and I have sleep troubles so if I work out passed like 5PM, I will have problems sleeping.
    It's really annoying.
    So on certain days, it can be hard to get the shred in.

Today, I actually woke up with a cold and some intense sinus pressure that stops me in my tracks when I stand up. So I'm kind of being forced to rest. But I'll get there!
  • UmmSulaimaan
    UmmSulaimaan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Is this the only thing you are doing? I am doing it in the morning and sometimes at night but not sure which is best. Ideas?