Subway Help!

Ive started to really enjoy Subway, its not super high in calories and its a great source of protein for me. I usually get a footlong oven roasted chicken, lettuce, cucumber, and banana peppers on whole wheat. However, I think that the bread is a high source of the sodium of the sandwich (the Subway calculator says its about 1330mg for the sandwich) I think I may end up eating only half or 2/3 of the bread and all of the filling to try to cut down on the sodium (my biggest weakness is salt) but I dont know how I would calculate that on here, any suggestions?

Here is the nutritional information that Subway told me on their website:
Footlong Oven Roasted Chicken on Whole Wheat with Lettuce, Cucumber, and Banana Peppers:
382g, 620cal, 9g Fat (3g saturated), 45mg Cholesterol, 1330mg Sodium, 91g Carbs, 10g Fiber, 14g Sugar, 45g Protein.

Replies

• ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Subway is loaded with sodium. Both in the bread and in the meats and cheeses to keep them all fresh looking. But even still, Subway is a pretty good option for low calories. I usually get the turkey or turkey and ham on wheat bread, lots of veggies, no sauce, sometimes cheese sometimes not. its 280 calories for a 6inch without cheese, 320 with cheese. Its really hard to find fast food that is this low calorie for lunch so I say Subway is alright in moderation.